Wednesday, May 26, 2010

Laugh your way to grey!

I am continually amazed at how the human body works. The fact, that I was able to grow three, tiny babies in my belly, then feed them with my own body, still astounds me. The way, that the body has the ability to regenerate cells, to heal itself from a wound or surgery. Even the way, that our eyes can produce tears with our emotions. It makes me stand in awe of God's wonder. God is truly amazing. Creation is truly amazing. But, there are some things, that our bodies do, that I wonder, "Is this a beautiful wonder, or is God trying to be funny?" For instance, I can go to bed at night with one, small, coarse, grey hair on the top of my head. And the next morning, when I wake up, there are fifty two more just like it! It's as though, that one hair, decided to have a party, and invite many friends over. I used to be a very energetic person with the metabolism of an athlete. (I might be stretching that a bit) But now, it's like that energetic person, is nothing more, than a really tiny person, jumping around in my head, and my body does not want to talk to it. My body just can't keep up. Although, somedays I do keep up, only to wake up the next morning feeling like I was hit by a NFL football....team! And of course, people keep telling me, "Your out of shape. You need to work out." If I can barely work my way to the coffee pot, in the morning, how am I supposed to "work out"! There was a time, a few years ago, when I did work out everyday. But now, when I even look at those videos, I sweat and practically hyperventilate. My skin is drying out. What used to take a dab of lotion here and there, takes an entire vat full or my skin looks like I borrowed a shirt from an alligator. Oh yeh, and I have this one hair, on my chin, ( go ahead...you can pause a moment to laugh) that just pops up, out of no where. It's solid black! My hair is brown. I pluck it, then a few weeks later, I'm innocently putting on my makeup, when ...Waaahlaaah! It's there. It plays Pee-Pi with me! I remember a time, when I played Pee-Pi with my cute little babies, and it was fun. This...not so much. My memory seems to come and go. If I don't write things down, I might as well have never even thought about them. It's gone, like the firmess in my rear end. Gone! And sometimes, I even lose my list, because I forgot where I put it. Seriously? Come on!! And I can't finish this off by not mentioning..."hot flashes". Now a days, the word "Hot" has great meaning. It means someone is pretty attractive, or looks great. Apparently, that meaning doesn't apply here. There is nothing attractive about lieing in bed at night, your hair and pits wet with sweat, while under a fan blowing directly on you, and the A.C. on 60 degreees. Not pretty...not even in the least. (I had a hysterectomy a few months back, for explanation, see future blog titled:Hysterectomy...What They Don't Tell You!) The fact is, I'm getting older, and my body is starting to show the signs. All joking aside, I am actually O.K. with it. I make fun, because I would rather laugh my way to a head full of grey hair, instead of cry my way there. Getting older is just another part of God's wonder and creation. There are alot of great things that come with getting older, that aren't mentioned above. Take for instance, a good Sunday afternoon nap. Man, that's good stuff! Or, the enjoyment of finding wisdom. I've learned that my brain, has a lot to learn about life, love and the Lord. I am learning to be content with who I am, and who God is molding me to be, physically and spiritually. And, I do feel good and do my best to eat right. I do like who I see staring back at me from the mirror. I'm not a super model, but I wasn't meant for that. I was meant to be me. So, my energy level isn't the same, but my mind is stronger. I'm learning to find the things, about myself, that are great and... still in working condition. It doesn't matter what's not the firmest, or the softest, or the sharpest for that matter, it's about what is just right. It's about finding contentment in who you are as a person. It's about falling in love with the person, you see staring back at you, in the mirror. The fact that I can breathe in...and breathe out...is still a pretty miraculous thing! I am a work in progress. I am forever changing, into something better. Someone older...but better! We were all created in HIS image. Find contentment with the Lord. Find contentment within yourself...it's a great place to be. Psalm 17:15, "And I--in righteousness I will see your face; when I awake, I will be satisfied with seeing your likeness,"

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails

Proverbs 17:22 "A joyful heart is good medicine"


THANKS FOR STOPPING BY!

Hope your visit was a pleasant one. Be blessed and come back soon!