Wednesday, August 25, 2010

I can see clearly now!

I woke up early this morning by my husband kissing me on the cheek. He was leaving for work, and, as he always does, he kissed me sweetly, and told me bye before he left. (Shaa) Once he leaves, I normally have to get up and go to the restroom. For some reason, as soon as my eyes open, my bladder kicks in and needs to be emptied...this could be at 2, 3, or 4 in the morning. It doesn't matter. Remember me? Bladder the size of a sweetpea? Yep...every night! O.K. to get back on track...I went to the bathroom, yada yada yada. On my way back to my bed, I noticed a shadow near the wall. Oh...it's our new little family member...Harley. "Come see Harley", I say. Then I make that sound you make, when you pucker your lips together, to make like a kissing sound..you know...the thing we do to call an animal to us. Not sure why we do that...but it works. But this time, it didn't. She didn't move. So, I climb into bed. I try again. "Come on Harley, come on" I insist. Nothing. She never moves. I figured, it must have been that she was still a little shy, and not sure of her surroundings just yet, so I closed my eyes and fell back asleep. I awake an hour or so later. I stumble to the bathroom...again. Then I somehow, make it to the kitchen where the coffee pot is, and I make me a pot of "liquid gold", as I call it. I turn on my laptop, tell the girls goodmorning, and walk down the hallway to wake up my son. I then go into my bedroom, turn on the light and begin to attempt to make myself presentable. I walk towards the bathroom, when something catches my eye. There, up against the wall, the same exact spot where I saw the kitten earlier...was my leopard print house slippers, leaned up against the wall. A light bulb turns on in my head. I must say, I was a little embarassed when I realized that, when I thought I was talking to Harley, the kitten...I was actually talking to my leopard print house slippers! Did I fail to mention, that when I got up from my bed to go to the bathroom, I did NOT put on my glasses! Let me give you a little info...I am blind as a bat! I can't see anything without my glasses or my contacts. Nothing...notta! Everything is a huge blur. My vision is so bad, that I have this fear, that if our house ever catches on fire...I won't be able to see in the dark to find my glasses...and won't be able to get to the kids. Seriously. I sleep with my glasses under my pillow, so I can grab them in a hurry if I need them. It's terrible. So, here I am...at 4:30 in the morning...with my blind self...talking to my leopard print house slippers...and asking them to "come see". Sad...very sad. You may laugh. Go ahead...I did...that is...after the humiliation passed. Sound like something familiar? Sounds a little like how we walk in our faith with God. Too many times, we stumble around in the darkness, calling out to those things that we think will save us or comfort us. We walk around in blind faith. We walk around without looking through the correct lenses. We walk around stumbling, seeing life through blurred vision. Not truly seeing what is before us. When all God wants for us, is to see things clearly...through His eyes. Through His word. Psalm 119:115 says, "Your word is a lamp to my feet, and a light to my path". And yet...we choose to walk blindly... falling, stumbling, and seeing things for what they are not. Simply put...making complete dummies of ourselves. For no reason at all. It's time we put on our "glasses", begin to see clearly, without question of where we are going. It's time that we allow ourselves to be consumed with God's word...daily. His word is the light in our darkness. His word is the "visine" to our blurred life! His word was meant for us...to see, live, learn, love, and walk in it. No wabbling in the dark, seeing shadows of things that aren't really there...those things that don't have life in them...those things that will bring us to our spiritual death. Or our physical death. Do we really want to risk it? NO! It's not worth the risk! Don't risk walking in the dark with blurry eyes...light up your life with God's perfect and Holy word...given to us to see CLEARLY! Begin to walk in TRUTH! Psalm 119:133, "Direct my footsteps according to your word, let no sin rule over me." Psalm 119:37, "Turn my eyes away from worthless things, preserve my life according to your word." Psalm 119:11, "I have hidden your word in my heart that I might not sin against you." Psalm 119:89, "Your word, O Lord, is eternal it stands firm in the heavens."

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails

Proverbs 17:22 "A joyful heart is good medicine"


THANKS FOR STOPPING BY!

Hope your visit was a pleasant one. Be blessed and come back soon!