Wednesday, August 4, 2010

Rib talk.

I was riding in the car with my seven year old son today. I was listening to a preacher speaking on the radio about the guidance that the Holy Spirit offers us. I assumed, that my son was in the back seat playing his DS game, and blocking out the sermon. You know how kids are, they tend to be in their own worlds sometimes. Well, was I wrong? The preacher began speaking about how God formed Adam. My son quickly belts out from the backseat, "Mom! You know how God made Adam?" I acted puzzled while responding, "How?" He says, "God made Adam from the dust on the ground." "Really?" I said. He continued to tell me, "Yep! And then, he formed Eve with one of Adam's kidneys." Fighting back the laughter I said, "Well, it was actually one of his ribs." "Are you sure?" he asked, "Cuz I'm pretty sure it was the kidney." "Yes, I'm sure. It was definitely his rib", I answered. He then responds, "Kidney. Rib. It's almost the same thing. God's pretty neat huh Mom?" "Yes, He sure is", I said smiling from ear to ear. I have to believe, that at that very moment, God was laughing hystarically in heaven. I'm not sure what was cuter...the part about the kidney or the part where he thinks that God is "pretty neat". In this day, it can be hard to raise God fearing children. Much less, teach them that God is cool enough to be their friend. They face obstacles that we never did when we were younger. The world they face is a battlefield. The playground they play on is a battlefield. And sometimes, the homes they live in are battlefields. Later during the day, we sat together and had lunch. The subject of school and friends came up. He told me about a particular friend of his that he was praying for. I asked him why he was praying for him. He said, "Because he doesn't believe in God and I think that's crazy." It takes diligence and every day teaching, to show our children how to stand strong in such craziness. I figured that Mason is out to a pretty good start, because he knows a few things for sure already. He knows that God is God, that He is pretty neat and that all people need Him! He already knows who he serves and what his God is capable of. He has faith in God! If he continues to believe that...the sky is the limit to what God can do in His life. It all has to start somewhere...and he knows exactly where that is...with God. Raising God fearing children is doable! It's about planting tiny seeds of faith. Those seeds eventually grow with the proper nourishment and become bigger seeds of faith. Those seeds become bigger and bigger, and become vines of faith. With the correct TLC, those vines grow strong and wide, and begin to grow trunks. Those trunks become trees...that can't be shaken! Those trees begin to produce seeds of their own. And the next thing you know...there is an overgrowth of faith everywhere. But...it all started with one little, tiny seed... of faith. Be faithful to God today...and share your faith in Him! Grow some trees! Matthew 17:20, He replied, "Because you have so little faith. I tell you the truth, if you have faith as small as a mustard seed, you can say to this mountain, 'Move from here to there' and it will move. Nothing will be impossible for you." I Peter 2:2, "Like newborn babies, crave pure spiritual milk, so that by it you may grow up in your salvation."

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails

Proverbs 17:22 "A joyful heart is good medicine"


THANKS FOR STOPPING BY!

Hope your visit was a pleasant one. Be blessed and come back soon!