Thursday, October 28, 2010

It's makeover time!

I've decided that it is time for a makeover. Yep! I believe that it is long over due. It's time to fix things up a bit and change my appearance a little....a little tweek here, a little tweek there. That's exactly what I need. I mean come on...I'm almost 40. (ok in two more years I will be forty...but who's counting?) I think it's about time...don't you?
I bet you were thinking that this was the kind of makeover I was talking about. Come on now...you know you were. Nope!!

The truth is...I think I look pretty okay. When I tell people my age and tell them I have a daughter about to graduate, they shreek and can't believe I am as old as I am. Then...I ask them how much money they want and reassure them that I don't have any to give them. LOL So, with that said, I figured I have a good ten years before I should have to worry about getting any major work done. HA! (No comments please.) Seriously...what you see is what you get. That's it. The actual makeover I was talking about was not an outer makeover...but an inner one. A spiritual makeover!! It just so happens that if I were to do the inner makeover...it could possibly make my outer appearance seem more appealing. It's worth a shot! Right?

This is my makeover plan...but, I'm going to need my "makeover team" to help me out!

First...I need to scrub off any old wounds or hurts that might be starting to cause my heart to have a slightly cracked look. Jesus will help me do that! Second...I am going to pour on some fresh cleansing water that will purify my heart and send waves of newness through my spirit. The Holy Spirit will help me do that! Third...I am going to box up all of the old thoughts, insecurities and negative feelings, that were placed on my heart over the years, which were causing dust and webs to cloud my vision, and get rid of them. God will help me do that! After these three things are done...I am going to work on my new look. This is what I want...

I want the face of Moses! I want to be in the presence of God so deeply that when I come out of it, His glory is written all over my face. I want the courage of David! I want to be able to face any and ALL giants with the power of Jesus Christ within me. I want the faith of Job! I want to forever trust and know that my God will supply all I need and protect me from all that may come against me. I want the heart of God! I want my heart to beat as one with God's. I want the love of Jesus! I want to love like my Savior loves, strong and constant, at all times and through all circumstances. I want the boldness of Paul! I want to share the love and message of Christ with everyone I come in contact with, and even those I don't. I want the strength of Abraham! I want to stand firm on the promises of God and pass them down to my children and all generations to come.

And lastly...

I want the confidence of Peter! I want to walk towards anything that my Father has planned for me, knowing that my Savior will be there to catch me if I fall.

That about does it!!

I'm going to look FA-BU-LOUS!!

Is it time for your makeover?

Ask God to come in and make something new in you!
Psalm 51:10
Create in me a pure heart, O God, and renew a steadfast spirit within me.
Proverbs 16:20
He who heeds the word wisely will find good, and whoever trusts in the Lord, happy is he.
Psalm 90:17
Let the beauty of the Lord our God be upon us, and establish the work of our hands for us, yes..establish the work of your hands.
II Corinthians 5:17
Therefore, if anyone is in Christ, he is a new creation, the old has gone and the new has come.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails

Proverbs 17:22 "A joyful heart is good medicine"


THANKS FOR STOPPING BY!

Hope your visit was a pleasant one. Be blessed and come back soon!