Sunday, November 21, 2010

Sunday's Song

This coming Thursday my family and I, along with millions of other people, will celebrate the day of Thanksgiving. The day that we come together as a unified group, to give thanks for the many blessings we have received and those yet to come. I've gotten all my "fixins" for the perfect Thanksgiving meal. I've been cleaning floors and sorting through a slightly messy house, to have things cleaned up and neatly placed for this special day. We have family coming in from out of town, those that live nearby, and some special friends to share the day with us, as we give thanks for eachother.
But...as I prepare a meal and my home for this day, and look forward to seeing family gathered at my table...I pray that I don't forget...
That...
As I sit enjoying my meal, my home and my family gathered to give thanks, there are those who don't have these luxuries on Thanksgiving.
Some do not have a house to straighten up, or even a floor to clean.
Some do not have a table, or even food to place upon it.
Some do not have family, or even a friend to spend this day with.
Dear God,
on this very special day that we will gather with our loved ones, let us not forget those who are not blessed enough to have what we take advantage of. Let us not take for granted the homes that we gather in, the table that we sit at, the meal that we share, the moments that take place, or those people that we spend this day with. Let us not forget that you sent Your Son to die for our sins, so that we may show the same kind of love that You have so graciously given us with no expectations. Let us lift up those to You who are less fortunate than we are. Let us put off selfishness, pride and prejudism, so that we can reach out to someone who may need a warm meal or a warm home to spend this holiday with. Let our eyes see what You see in others, so that we may all be able to give thanks on this very special day.
In your precious name Amen!
Give us Your eyes Lord.
Ephesians 2:10
For we are God's workmanship, created in Christ Jesus to do good works, which God prepared in advance for us to do.
Proverbs 17:7
A friend loves at all times.
James 1:22
Be doers of the word, and not hearers only, deceiving yourselves.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails

Proverbs 17:22 "A joyful heart is good medicine"


THANKS FOR STOPPING BY!

Hope your visit was a pleasant one. Be blessed and come back soon!