Wednesday, January 26, 2011

The letter.

Matthew 19:4 Jesus said, "Let the little children come to me and do not hinder them, for the kingdom of heaven belongs to them."

I got a letter in the mail last weekend. It was from our church and it went something like this... "I am happy to report that Mason accepted Jesus Christ as his Lord and Savior in our service." Woohoo!! Yes!! Imagine my excitement! I think my heart literally did somersaults in my chest. I might have even danced a little jig in the kitchen. My entire mothering existence has been wrapped around my children finding and knowing their Savior. Breathing in every ounce of Him and being consumed by His grace in their lives. I could hardly contain myself. Yes, Lord yes! I wanted to grab him, pick him up and squeeze every redeemed ounce of him, while twirling him around in celebration. Then...a flash went through my mind and I remembered something... "Hey buddy", I asked him. "Remember last year when we were at the fall festival at church and you raised your hand at the end of the service. You pulled on my shirt and bent me down to whisper to me. You said that when the pastor asked who wanted to ask Jesus in your heart, you wanted to...so you raised your hand. And then you said the prayer with everyone in the crowd. Remember that?" "Yeh...I remember", he said. Silence...

"Well?", I said.

"Well what?" He responded. "Well this letter said that you asked Jesus into your heart last Sunday." I explained.

"Yep. Sure did." He answers.

" Dude that's awesome, but didn't you already ask Jesus into your heart last year?"

"Yeh mom. Jesus has always been with me (said with confidence)...I just walked up to the front and made it official. I just wanted to say it out loud in front of somebody, but He's been in my heart this whole time." Wow. That kid leaves me speechless. I believe he may have a future in evangelism...

Romans 10:13 Whoever will call upon the name of the Lord will be saved.

Psalm 92:4 For you make me glad by your deeds, O Lord, I sing for joy at the works of your hands.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails

Proverbs 17:22 "A joyful heart is good medicine"


THANKS FOR STOPPING BY!

Hope your visit was a pleasant one. Be blessed and come back soon!