Monday, January 28, 2013

Draw me nearer.

 
 


Psalm 73:28

 But as for me, it is good to be near God. I have made the Sovereign LORD my refuge;
 I will tell of all your deeds.



In Your nearness there is healing
What was broken now made whole
Restoration in its fullness
Lasting hope for all who come

In your nearness I take shelter
Where you are is were I'm home
I have need of only one thing
To be here before your throne



It took me a long time to find Home and feel like I belonged to something.

Growing up in a family with eight children,
 you'd think that belonging wouldn't have been an issue,
but it was.

My heart searched for something outside of my familiar surroundings,
trying to fill in the lack that was present.

It took me on a path of things that were not always good for me,
and my heart was left to search,
 again and again.

Each time, coming up empty.

I guess my heart knew something I didn't.

It knew that this world, the things in it, and the people around me,
would not satisfy what my heart was looking for.

It knew that I needed Him.
It knew that in Him I would find wholeness.
It knew that He would be my portion.
It knew that He was my Home.

He knew exactly where I belonged.

If you're searching today,
 looking to belong to something,
trying to fill in the lack that seems to grow with everything you fill it with,
draw near to Him.


He is where you will find Home.
He is where you belong.


For your nearness Lord I hunger
For your nearness Lord I wait
Hold me ever closer Father
Such a love I can’t escape

For your nearness I am hoping
For your nearness Lord I long
Have no need of any other
I have found where I belong.

So draw me nearer Lord
Never let me go.




No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails

Proverbs 17:22 "A joyful heart is good medicine"


THANKS FOR STOPPING BY!

Hope your visit was a pleasant one. Be blessed and come back soon!