Wednesday, March 10, 2010

Go Saints!

My seven year old son has to be the youngest football fanatic I know. Around our house football season is a five month long holiday. Every Sunday before the game of that day, he would come to me and say, "O.K. Mom let's check out the injured reserve list and see who is playing today." He loved to show off to his Dad how much he knew about the players. Well, you can just about imagine how excited he was that the Saints made it to the Superbowl. It was like Christmas in January! We had a small group of people over to celebrate the big game with us and of course everyone was in Saints attire for the big event. The Saints won the game and the celebration began. The excitement ran through our house. Later that night after the celebrating was over and it was time for bed, I went to tuck my son into bed for the night. Each night we would say his prayers and then he would say what he was thankful for. This night I just knew what he would say, "I'm thankful that the Saints won the Superbowl." But...that's not what he was thankful for. He said, "I'm thankful that we all got to spend family time together." Tears filled my eyes. Sometimes we don't see the little blessings there are to be thankful for...we are too busy looking for the big ones. Psalm 9:1 I will praise you, O Lord, with all my heart. I will tell of ALL your wonders.

1 comment:

  1. Hey Sis, this is Larry and Rufus; just wanted to say thanks for taking the time to update your blog. We look forward to reading it and staying close to God and Family. You have already blessed this house with God’s word and we hope His word will reach many more through you.

    -Love the Larry & Ruthie

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts with Thumbnails

Proverbs 17:22 "A joyful heart is good medicine"


THANKS FOR STOPPING BY!

Hope your visit was a pleasant one. Be blessed and come back soon!