Thursday, March 11, 2010

What does your breath smell like?

I am proud to say that I am the mother of three great kids. My oldest, who is seventeen, is a talented singer/songwriter and musician who has a quiet disposition. My "almost" thirteen year old is a very creative artist who is full of energy and wants to go into theater. My seven year old is a sports fanatic and video game player who still thinks his mom hung the moon. So, as you can see, they are all very different. Even though I love how they were created all in their own unique way, this can sometimes be a problem. They argue all the time! If it's not the two oldest then it's the two youngest fighting about anything and everything. It just tears me up inside to see them fighting and to hear some of the things that those, once small and innocent babies, say to one another. I can still see myself gazing into their cute little " nonargumentive" eyes as I used to hold them in my arms. Now all I want to do is send them to their rooms. It truly breaks my heart at times. I wonder...is this how God feels when we argue? HE is our Father. HE does love us to the fullest. HE created us and held us in HIS arms. I wonder if HIS heart breaks when HE hears HIS children say rotten things to one another. Proverbs 12:18 "Reckless words pierce like a sword, but the tongue of the wise brings healing." The power of the tongue can either breathe life into someone or breathe death into them. What are you breathing out today?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails

Proverbs 17:22 "A joyful heart is good medicine"


THANKS FOR STOPPING BY!

Hope your visit was a pleasant one. Be blessed and come back soon!