Saturday, March 13, 2010

It's never too late!

My mom died at the age of fifty eight. She suffered with a lung disease for several years that eventually got the best of her. We did not have the best relationship, rocky at times and almost nonexistent. It has taken me several years since her death to actually find a realtionship with her. That must sound crazy since she is no longer here. But the relationship that I have recently discovered with her, is within me. I am getting older and seem to be changing more and more each day. I see her in the mirror as I apply my makeup, we have the same eyes. I hear her in my laughter, she had the most contagious laugh. I feel her in my heart when it breaks for one of my children, I caused hers to break once or twice. I struggle with her when I don't know which way to turn sometimes as a mother, she struggled with six children. I hear her voice singing along to a song that I know she would love, I got my voice from her. I feel her love for the Lord when I read my bible or am in a place of worship, she introduced me to the Lord when I was eight. Proverbs 23:25 "May your father and mother be glad, may she who gave you birth rejoice." Find a new relationship with your mother and tell her how much you love her, it's never too late! Thank you Mom..I love you!

1 comment:

Related Posts with Thumbnails

Proverbs 17:22 "A joyful heart is good medicine"


THANKS FOR STOPPING BY!

Hope your visit was a pleasant one. Be blessed and come back soon!