Monday, April 26, 2010

God, bring me a river!

I've learned over the years of my life, that statistics aren't all that they are cracked up to be. I hate to burst the bubbles of those who figure all these things out, but it looks like I might have to. Statistically speaking, there are alot of things in my life that should or should not have occured. Statistically speaking, I "should" have been an alcoholic, a drug abuser, a child abuser, or be living on the streets selling my body to whoever would take me. My mother, who battled with bipolar disorder for most of her life, had a life of heartache and anguish. It caused her to be two different people. Although, she was spiritually strong, she battled "mental demons" in her mind everyday. These demons caused her to trap my siblings and I, into a life of torment with her. In return, there were things that we were subjected to, that no child should ever have to go through or witness. These things caused mental and physical anguish in each of us. My father dealt with things in his own way, finding his escape in work and alcohol. For years I battled anger and bitterness, that could have led me down a road of death, for my spirit and my body. But instead, through the love, strength and peace I found in Jesus, I was able to determine a different life for myself. I decided that my life was not determined by the way my parents lived theirs. My life is determined by me, and who I am in Jesus Christ. With God, I was able to break the family curse that had tormented countless lives in my family, and walk a different path. I also learned that running away from the pain, only made it bigger. Running away from the pain only fed the "monster" that it was. I had to look it head on, and pull it out by it's horns, no matter how hard it was. Jesus helped me to do that! Because of HIM, I have been able to find a life filled with confident spiritual and mental health. Secondly, I "should" have never had my third child. Statistically speaking, two healthy deliveries and four consecutive miscarriages just didn't add up to a third baby. But, I chose to believe in the God who gave Sarah a baby in her old age, and from a barren womb. Now, my third child is seven years old. Thirdly, I "should" not be alive right now writing this blog. But, people prayed for me in that hospital room, when my heart stopped beating, and they claimed life for me. They believed in the God that breathed life back into the lifeless body of Lazarus. My family should have planned my funeral that day, but instead, they rejoiced in the new life that God breathed back into me. Statistics breathe fear into someone when God breathes life into them. Statistics will speak doubt where God speaks the truth. Life with God is not a gamble or a statistic that you wait to live out. Life with God is a guarantee!! Jesus spoke in John 14:6, "..I am the way, and the truth, and the life." God is the only way to a better life and a future filled with hope! God was the "love" that healed my mind and heart from a childhood of pain, so that I might live a future of hope. God was the "healer" of my womb, that was able to carry my beautiful son into this world. God was the "life" that caused my heart to beat again. God is the only way and the only truth that you need! God will make a way when there is none. Isaiah 43:19, "See, I am doing a new thing! Now it springs up; do you not perceive it? I am making a way in the desert and streams in the wasteland." God will place a river in the driest, most barren part of your life! That river will flood over anything impossible. You just need to believe in what God can do and grab hold of it for your life. God is the one and only truth! Don't live your life through "statistics" and be where or what they say you should be, live your life in truth and become who God says you are! Psalm 84:11, "For the Lord God is a sun and shield; the Lord will give grace and glory; no good thing will He withhold from those who walk uprightly."

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails

Proverbs 17:22 "A joyful heart is good medicine"


THANKS FOR STOPPING BY!

Hope your visit was a pleasant one. Be blessed and come back soon!