Wednesday, April 28, 2010

Oh, that sweet smell!

A very close friend of mine recently had a new baby girl. I was eager to go up to the hospital and see her. As I slowly entered her hospital room, there it was, that sweet, sweet smell. You know that smell. The smell of a newborn baby. There is nothing like it in the world. As I took her new baby into my arms, I was drawn to her smell. I placed her tiny forehead up against my nose and took in a deep wiff. Breathtaking! The pureness. The innocence. The sweetness. It brings me back to when my children were tiny babies and I used to smell them all the time. I couldn't get enough of it. I would just breathe them in as often as I could, filling my nostrils with there aroma. There is something so new and exhilerating about the smell of a baby. I've always thought, "Man, if someone could put that smell in a bottle and sale it, they would make a lot of money." I know I would buy it! Aaaah! The sweet aroma of a new life. That is what we are to God. A sweet aroma! When we take Jesus into our life, we exume His sweet smell. We are covered with the sweet smell of a new life. II Corinthians 2:15, "For we are to God the aroma of Christ among those who are being saved and those who are perishing." Our smell is pleasing to God. When we take on our Christ-like character, we can't help but smell like Jesus. Not only does His light shine through us, but we carry His sweet smell with us. When we enter a room, our light should brighten up the room and our fragrance should fill the air. That fragrance should overwhelm others to the point, that their curiosity is peaked and they want to get close enough to smell us, to breathe Jesus into them. Our lives should be spilling over with the sweet aroma of Christ. God desires that we offer our lives to Him, as a sweet smelling sacrifice, just as Jesus did for us. Life in Jesus gives us that sweet smell. Life without Jesus gives us the stinch of death, which is not pleasing to God or anyone around us. Lord God, help us to fill each place you send us to, with the sweet smell of your son Jesus. Be a sweet aroma for God today! Ephesians 5:2, "...and walk in love, even as Christ also loved you, and gave himself up for us, an offering and a sacrifice for an odor of a sweet smell."

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails

Proverbs 17:22 "A joyful heart is good medicine"


THANKS FOR STOPPING BY!

Hope your visit was a pleasant one. Be blessed and come back soon!