Friday, April 16, 2010

Show Off Those "Genes"!

I know you have heard someone say before, "It's all in the genes." Genetics are a powerful thing. For instance, my husband is very creative with his hands. He can build almost everything with anything. He has passed this trait down to our middle child. She is a very talented artist at the young age of thirteen. She even placed first on an oil painting that she entered in an art show at the age of ten. She is also great with her hands. She can mold anything out of clay. She definitely gets this from her father, because I am lucky if I can draw a circle. Our oldest daughter is a talented singer, musician, and songwriter. I've been singing for as long as I can remember being able to speak. Our youngest is a super athlete. He definitely didn't get that from me. I give all the credit to his dad for that one. They all also have very dominant physical traits. Our son is like a carbon copy of his dad. My oldest daughter takes many of her physical attributes from both her grandmother's. Our middle daughter has eyes exactly like her paternal great grandmother. Anyhow, you get my point. Genetics can give you the gifts and abilities you have, the color eyes you have and even the way your voice sounds. Amazing! But our genetics go deeper than our parents, grandparents and great grandparents. They begin with our creator...God. Psalm 139:13, "For you created my inmost being, you knit me together in my mother's womb." God planted HIS genetics in us as we were growing in our mother's womb. HIS hands were the first to touch us. HE knew before we even opened our eyes for the first time, what color they would be. HE knew before we smiled for the first time, what would bring joy to us. HE knew while in the womb, what our personalities would be like. HE knew, while HE was molding our hearts in HIS hands, that we needed HIS love to fill it up. HE knew me. HE knew you. HE knew the cashier at the local store. HE knew your boss. HE knew your neighbor. HE knew our president. HE knew all of us. HE created us with HIS own genetics in mind. HE knew that one day we would call upon HIS son's name to save us. You are your FATHER'S child. You are HIS creation. You breathe HIS breath in your nostrils. HIS presence is within the chambers of your heart. HIS being is within you. Now that's genetics! I have found myself envying others who have such a strong ministry for God. It's as though their entire life is consumed with the presence of God. The truth is...we all have that presence in our life. We just have to tap into the genetics that are already there...deep inside of us. We must search ourselves until we find God within us. We must search HIM until we find ourselves in HIM. We are a great people, with great power, given to us by our great creator. We all have great traits and abilities given to us by our FATHER. I want people to see my FATHER within the way I talk, walk and look. I want to bring out the traits that HE has so graciously given me and let others see HIM. We must use the genetics that our FATHER has given to us. We can be all there is to be because God dwells within us! Go ahead, be all you can be for God and show off those "genes"! Ephesians 2:10, "For we are God's workmanship, created in Christ Jesus to do good works, which God prepared in advance for us to do."

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails

Proverbs 17:22 "A joyful heart is good medicine"


THANKS FOR STOPPING BY!

Hope your visit was a pleasant one. Be blessed and come back soon!