Thursday, April 15, 2010

Because I Can!

I was having a random conversation with someone the other day. I mentioned to them that I was writing a Christian blog. They asked me why? I told them it was because I felt led by God to share parts of my life with others to encourage them and be a witness. Then they asked me if I was a minister or teacher in the church. My response was "no". I've thought alot about my response for the past few days and I began to doubt what I was doing. Am I capable of writing this blog? Then I prayed about it and my heart was convicted once again. Because, I am a teacher and a minister. Phillippians 4:13 says," I can do ALL things through Christ which strengthens me." I may not have a degree that shows that I am a teacher, but I teach everyday. I may not have a doctrine that shows that I am a minister, but I minister to people all the time. A teacher is a person who teaches or instructs. A minister is a person appointed by or under the authority of a sovereign leader. Don't I instruct and teach my children every day? Aren't I under the authority of the ultimate leader...God? Was I not appointed by HIM as HIS servant to lead others to the knowledge of Jesus Christ? I do not want to succumb to what the world says that I am not. I want to live out and embrace what God says I am. II Timothy 1:9 says, "God has saved us and called us with a holy calling, not according to our works, but according to His own purpose and grace which was given to us in Christ Jesus before time began." We all have a job to do. So no, I am not a teacher or minister on paper. I am just a wife, a mother, a friend, a woman...who is in love with her Savior. I want to tell of what HE has done for me and my life. The miracles are endless. I want to praise HIM everyday and give HIM full acknowledgement. I want to be a living testament of God's love and power. We overcome by the word of our testimony! We must tell one another what God has done in us, and by doing that we are all teachers and ministers. I believe that it is when we say nothing, we are actually speaking volumes. We are saying that God has done nothing for us to talk about it. That could be no further from the truth! Did God give you breath to live today? Well that's something to talk about! It is in our silence that the devil can get to us. But, as soon as we begin to speak of what Jesus has done for us...he has no choice but to flee! Why should we allow this world to define what we are, when our creator knows what HE defined us to be. My prayer for myself today is that I can continue to "teach" and "minister" as God sees fit for me to do. My prayer for you today is that you DO SOMETHING! No matter how big or small to man's eye. God will see it as something big for HIM. So, why do I blog? Because...God says I can! Psalm 13:6, "I will sing to the Lord for he has been good to me." Acts 17:28, "for in him we live and move and have our being."

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails

Proverbs 17:22 "A joyful heart is good medicine"


THANKS FOR STOPPING BY!

Hope your visit was a pleasant one. Be blessed and come back soon!