Wednesday, April 14, 2010

No needles!

My best friend growing up was a girl named Camille. She was my everything. We always wanted to be together and I remember sleeping over at her house dozens of times. She could always make me laugh. She had the most contagious laugh of anyone I had ever known. Our parents had been long time friends, so as long as I can remember my childhood, she was a part of it. She was an only child for most of her childhood and I was the youngest of eight children. You could say we both envyed eachother for different reasons. We had always wished or dreamed that we were sisters, so one day, we made it official...or so we thought. I can still remember the day so clearly in my mind. We went into the outside garage, that was located on the far end of their property. We ducked behind an old rusty car, that had been in the garage for many years. She reached in her pocket and pulled out a lighter and a sewing needle. It seemed as though the needle was as long as a scalpel. I remember gulping down a huge lump of saliva when I saw it. She heated up the end of the needle with the lighter. Don't ask me where she got the lighter or how she learned how to sterilize the end of a needle with it. She said she had seen it done on t.v. before, so of course, as her best friend, I trusted her. Then she told me to hold out my pinky finger. When you are young, for some reason there is great siginificance in your pinky finger. Very important promises were made with the pinky finger, so it just seemed natural to use it for this. She took the needle and poked it into my finger, puncturing a tiny hole at the end of it. A tiny bubble of blood started to seep out. She did the same to hers. Then we rubbed our pinkies together so that our blood would mix with one another's. It was official! We were now blood sisters! Linked together forever. It seems so silly to think about it now, but it meant so much to us then. We truly believed that we were now sisters. Isn't it nice to know that we have a much easier and less painful way to become brothers and sisters? It's through the saving blood of Jesus Christ. Jesus Christ shed HIS blood so that we could all be saved from our sins and become a part of a much bigger family...God's family. We don't have to worry about shedding our own blood, because Jesus took care of that for us on the cross. HIS blood has covered all of us and created a way that we could have more sisters and brothers than we could ever dream about. All we have to do is accept that HE died for us, repent of our sins, ask HIM to come into our heart and live a new life in HIM. That's it! Instant family! No needles needed...isn't that a relief! John 1:12, "To all who have received him, to those who believed in his name, he gave the right to become children of God." I John 1:7, "But if we walk in the light, as he is in the light, we have fellowship with one another, and the blood of Jesus, his son purifies us from all sin."

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails

Proverbs 17:22 "A joyful heart is good medicine"


THANKS FOR STOPPING BY!

Hope your visit was a pleasant one. Be blessed and come back soon!