Friday, May 21, 2010

Here comes Hollywood!

K-K-K-Katy, beautiful Katy, You're the only g-g-g-girl that I adore, When the m-m-m-moon shines, over the cowshed, I'll be waiting at the k-k-k-kitchen door.... This was a song that my mother used to sing to me when I was younger. My youngest daughter's name is Kaitlyn. So, it was just fitting, that I started to sing it to her when she was little. If you have ever met Kaitlyn, then you have never forgotten her. If I could have only one word to describe Kaitlyn, it would be "animated". I always say that with my first daughter, God showed me His love and grace. With Kaitlyn, he definitely showed me His sense of humor! We have been smiling and laughing sense the day she was born. She has brought us many days filled with love, smiles and laughter. Today is a huge day for Kaitlyn. She is trying out for the theater program at her school. This is big! From the time that Kaitlyn was little, we always knew that she had "star" potential. When she was a baby, she spoke with her eyes. Every emotion that she felt, whether it be joy, sadness, fear, surprise, or hurt, she expressed it with her eyes. When she was about, two and a half or three years old, she found the mirror. This became her best friend. Not in a vain way, but in an entertaining way. We had two, narrow and tall mirrors, on the wall of our living room. She would sit for hours, making faces at herself. She would become these characters, without saying a word, just by her expressions. We knew at that moment, we had a future star on our hands. She has always been a very creative child, and very talented with her hands. She draws and paints beautiful pictures. She loves to draw and create new characters that she has made up in her mind. I remember one time, when she was playing with some play-do, she was about eight or nine years old. She walked up to me and said, "Look Mom, I made you a cheeseburger." "You did?" I said in surprise. Thinking at the time that it was only going to resemble a huge lump of play-do. But, it was an acutal cheesburger! Not one that I could eat, but a cheeseburger out of playdo. She had molded two slices of hamburger buns, the meat, the lettuce, the tomato, the pickles, and she even made tiny little sesame seeds, that she had on the top of the bun. Astounding!! I was amazed. Another time, she made a hammer and two screws with play-do. They looked like you could actually pick them up and hang a picture with them. Her creativity is deep within her bones. And the joy of the Lord runs through her blood! It is what makes her who she is and it is a gift. Now that she is older, she has a new talent...voices. She is great at imitating people. We never know who she will be when she wakes up in the morning. I mean that literally. Her favorite character, is an old British woman, and she has it down to an art! Last night, as I was in my office, and she was in the kitchen, I heard a voice coming from her direction. It sounded as though she had been put in one of those shrinking machines, and she talked like a tiny little version of herself. I had to laugh out loud. She keeps us rolling and definitely continues to surprise us. She has even inherited the nickname, Hollywood! Now, even though, her hormones have kicked in, (please pray for both of us) and at times I think I am living with the Exorcist, she is surely destined for greatness!! We know that God will use her to bring joy and laughter to many people. Thank you God for revealing to us, through Kaitlyn, that there will be much laughter in Heaven! My cup runneth over! We love you Hollywood! I Peter 4:10, "God has given gifts to each of you from his variety of spiritual gifts. Manage them well so that God's generosity can flow through you."

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails

Proverbs 17:22 "A joyful heart is good medicine"


THANKS FOR STOPPING BY!

Hope your visit was a pleasant one. Be blessed and come back soon!