Tuesday, May 18, 2010

Pieces of shattered glass

Isaiah 61:3, "...and provide for those who grieve in Zion-to bestow on them a crown of beauty instead of ashes, the oil of gladness instead of mourning, and a garment of praise instead of despair. They will be called oaks of righteousness, a planting of the Lord for the display of his splendor." I've been a housekeeper for several years now. It's not the most glamorous of professions, but it pays well, and as wierd as it sounds, I actually like to clean. (see past blogs, and you will understand) The only bad thing about me being a housekeeper, is the fact that I am a tad-bit clumsy. Mix that, with lots of expensive vases and antique artifacts, and it can be a very dangerous job. Unfortuantely, I have to be honest, and admit that...I have broken a few things. Nothing of too much value, and normally, nothing that I can't glue back together, and it still look descent. But occasionally, I break things that just can't be fixed. I once broke a nice plate, and attempted to glue it back together, but it just didn't look the same after I was finished with it. I was taking something out of a cabinet, in the laundry room today, and as I pulled the thing out, a glass candle came down with it. I gasped..."Oh great! There I go again." The floor in the laundry room was a gorgeous, pale tan, ceramic tile. Needless to say, it shattered into, what must have been, a hundred tiny, little shards of glass. As I looked down at all the broken glass, I thought, "Well, there is definitely no way I'm fixing that!" This reminds me of how God works things out in our lives. Alot of the things that I have blogged about, are the hardships that I have lived. The tragedies, the struggles, and the pain. They were tucked down within me, fermenting with grief, pain and anger. You know how it is, when you are in a struggle and you think, "Why? What is this going to teach me? Why must I go through these things? Why must I hurt this way? Why? Why? Why?" And then, I started this blog. Each tragedy I have written about, is God's way of healing me. He has taught me so much about myself through each one. He has shown me why He brought me to it, and reminded me that He brought be through it. And those times that I thought, that I was way beyond fixing, that my trial was too big or way too bad to make any sense of it....He did. He found a way. Now, somehow... it's all making sense to me. It was all for His good. He took my brokenness and used it to create His own masterpiece. It's like the plate, that I broke and glued back together. It might not have looked the same way, as it did before I broke it, but it was still a plate. I might not look the same way I did, after each trial, I might have had a few cracks, and probably a few missing pieces, but I still remained "me", only better. I'm still a child of God. God put me back together with His love. He is somehow taking the tiny shards of glass, within my broken heart, and piecing me back together. That's how big God is! He will take your brokenness and do mighty things with it, even when you think that all hope is lost, and you aren't worth even trying to fix. And at the right moment, and at the right place in time, He will use your brokenness to help someone else. Trials are not easy, but they will come. The one thing we can do, is to use our own trials, to witness to others. To show them how, through the precious blood of Jesus Christ, we can and have overcome. Revelation 12:11, "They over came him (the enemy) by the blood of the Lamb and by the word of their testimony." What the devil intends for your bad, God intends for your good. When you think that you are too shattered to be pieced back together, God will heal you and make you new. Believe me, He can work with anything and anyone! Matthew 11:28, Then Jesus said, "Come to me, all of you who are weary and carry heavy burdens, and I will give you rest." Rest is found in Jesus. Wholeness is found in Jesus. Restoration is found in Jesus. It's funny how, now that I am finding healing, I can look back on all the things that God has brought me through, and say, "It doesn't look that big, but look at all that glass. He pieced me back together, and look at where God has me now! " Ask God to put your pieces back together. Let His love consume you. He will turn your shattered glass into His beautiful masterpiece!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails

Proverbs 17:22 "A joyful heart is good medicine"


THANKS FOR STOPPING BY!

Hope your visit was a pleasant one. Be blessed and come back soon!