Sunday, September 5, 2010

A new day!

If you are a follower of my blog, then you may remember a blog I wrote a couple of months back. It was titled: The Perfect Ambiance. I described the room that I have been writing in since I started my blog. Well, the day has finally arrived...
For my birthday, I asked that my family "renovate" my office. Renovate? O.K. It needed an entire facelift! From the ceiling...down. The walls were dark paneling and the floors were a hideous green. Ugghh! So, here we go...
We started on Friday night. I have to say how proud I am of my three kids. They gave up their entire weekend to help fix up my office. They did it with happy hearts, which makes all the difference in the world. By Saturday morning, we were ready to paint. We had to kiltz, pull up moldings, and patch up holes in the wall. It seemed like it was taking all day. But, we pressed on and it was finally time to put the real coat of paint. We all jumped in! We painted and painted. My husband began to make some new moldings and paint them to place on the walls. It was all coming together. We were very close...
We awoke Sunday morning, to an unfinished room. We were all determined to get it done, so we all began to work some more. We decided to lay some new and inexpensive carpet on the floor, to cover up the hideous green color. The walls were a pretty new green, so the floors being green also...just wasn't going to work. It looked like I was walking into a huge olive. (LOL) We layed the carpet down, and Frankie put the floor moldings on. It all came together in those few moments. It looked like a totally different room...
Kaitlyn and I began to hang the curtains, and cover my grandfather's black rocker recliner. A must for the room! I couldn't help myself...I was so excited. I had a smile from ear to ear, watching my new office unfold. While Kaitlyn and I finished a little decorating, Frankie decided at the last minute to build a tall bookshelf for the room. Wow! An added surprise. My heart felt so full...
It's times like this, that I truly appreciate my husband and my children. My husband and I, have worked on many projects together, during our almost 19 years married. We have built things, remodeled things, reconstructed things, and fixed just about everything together. And not just things of material value. Our lives as well. I believe that is why our kids work so hard at doing projects with us. They have seen us work together in all the aspects of our lives, from small projects in our home, to the bigger projects in our hearts. Hard work never goes unrewarded. We are proof of that! To watch the kids, work along side us...gave me such a feeling of accomplishment as a parent...
Ecclesiastes 4:9, "Two are better than one, because they have a good return for their work." As I sit, in my new office (smiley face), and type this blog, I am able to look around the room, and be reminded of how hard everyone worked to get the job done. I look at my grandfather's chair, and see the perfect tiny folds, that Kaitlyn made while pinning the cover on it. I look at the beautifully colored walls, and see Amber as she painted with the roller, and sang to us. I look towards the corner, where a vase and flowers sit, which is the corner of the room that Mason got to paint. I look at the tall bookshelf, that Frankie built with his two hands, just for me. I look towards the door way, and relive the moment, when the room was finished. Frankie grabbed me, hugged me tightly, giving me a gentle kiss, and said..."Happy Birthday Babe. I love you." Moments like that, can surely take my breath away...
So, here I am, sitting in my new office, with teary eyes as I type. The smell of fresh paint and new carpet in the air. No litter box smell!! (smiley face) My heart is full. I am so thankful and blessed. And, just like all the other blessings that God has given me, it is better than I could have imagined. I feel refreshed and new. Tomorrow...is a new day!
Joshua 42:9, "See, the former things have taken place, and the new things I declare; before they spring into being I announce them to you."

1 comment:

  1. congrats sister....you deserve it..God is so good!! when we stay in his will, he continues to cover us in his love and goodness.continue to look to his understanding and do as the spirit has you do. i love you my prayer partner

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts with Thumbnails

Proverbs 17:22 "A joyful heart is good medicine"


THANKS FOR STOPPING BY!

Hope your visit was a pleasant one. Be blessed and come back soon!