Sunday, September 12, 2010

We are called to serve.

God isn't looking for experts, He's looking for servants.
I saw this on a sign at a local church today. I see these kinds of signs all the time, outside of churches, on the side of the road. But, this one...got me pondering a few things. I've been writing this blog for a few months now. I question it from time to time. Am I doing the right thing by God? Am I speaking on the things that He would have me to? Am I educated enough in the word to even speak about His word? Am I making a difference for Him, or is it just black letters on a computer screen taking up space? Am I qualified to speak His message? Do I know enough about Him? The message on the sign seemed to repeat itself in my head...
God isn't looking for experts, He's looking for servants.
It spoke to my heart directly. I'm too worried about how I am doing it. Plain and simple...God wants me to be His servant. He wants me to step out. He wants me to openly give of myself for His use. I don't need to be perfect at it, because if that were the case...I would never be worthy of being His servant. None of us would be. The truth is, I didn't know near, what I thought I did, until I started this blog. Do I know it all? NOPE! Do I want to? I honestly don't think we can know it "all". I do know that, I want to know all there is to know about God. I want to know His heart. I want to get close enough to Him, to the point where I disappear. I have realized that the more willing I am to do His will, the more I learn about Him. The closer I become to Him. So, I'm not an expert... and that's o.k.
I believe that alot of us, never take on the servant role for God, because we are too afraid that we won't be good enough. We won't measure up. There is someone more qualified on the side of us, that can get the job done better than us. None of us are qualified enough. None of us are worthy enough. It is only by God's grace that we can even be called to be His servants. So, we may not all be experts. Maybe the potium we stand on, is a little cracked, or worn, or maybe even tattered. But, as long as we stand for God, looking for His will, giving Him all the Glory, and being a willing participant...we are perfect enough for Him. No expertise needed. Of course, He doesn't want us fumbling around in the dark. But, He offers His light, His son Jesus, to be our beacon and keep our path lit. And before long, we will find out, that the more we get to know Him, the more we know.
We laid to rest a dear friend of our family today. His life was not lived with perfection. His life was worn down, cracked in areas, and a little tattered at times. But, he loved the Lord with all that he had inside of him. He was a servant, looking to serve His God. At his service today, he requested to have an altar call at the end of the message. An altar call...at a funeral. Three lives stood up today to offer themselves to the Lord. Three lives were changed today, because a non-expert stood up for God. A servant. When we offer our service to God...He shows up every time. I know God showed up today.
God takes us as we are...imperfections and all. He can use anyone...anywhere. The enemy will try to convince you otherwise. He tried to convince me. He lost. We are all called to serve. Is God tugging at your heart today? Will you stand up for Him? It doesn't take an expert to please God. It just takes a servant.
Lord...help us to remember that it is only by your Grace, that we are saved and called to serve you. Humble our hearts so that we may walk forward in obedience with You. Awaken our hearts to the area of service that you have laid out for us. Help us to leave a legacy of a servant's heart to our children, so they will see the joy in serving you.
Psalms 111:10, "The fear of the Lord is the beginning of wisdom, all who follow his precepts have good understanding. To him belongs eternal praise."
Matthew 25:21, His master replied, "Well done, good and faithful servant! You have been faithful with a few things; I will put you in charge of many things. Come, and share your master's happiness!"
Matthew 7:24, "Therefore everyone who hears these words of mine and puts them into practice is like a wise man who built his house on the rock."

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails

Proverbs 17:22 "A joyful heart is good medicine"


THANKS FOR STOPPING BY!

Hope your visit was a pleasant one. Be blessed and come back soon!