Monday, November 8, 2010

I know.

Yesterday was a day that will go down in history in my heart. Let me start off by saying, if you have ever doubted God in any circumstance, if you lack the feel of His presence in a situation, and if your mind is riddled with confusion...don't be. Every milisecond of your life is in His hands. Every time I say that God can't amaze me more than He already has...He trumps that card, and amazes me with a huge whammy of a blessing. I thought my blessing of the day (yesterday) was the incidence that happened during the early morning hours, with the enemy's failed attempt to harm my family and our home...but, it didn't stop there... I won't go into details about yesterday...that is actually an entire chapter of a book, (huge smiley face) but I will say, that He caused the past 22 years of my life, to come together and make sense in one perfect moment. One. He wiped the mud from my eyes and...now I see. I see. He revealed Himself to me yesterday, with tiny little revelations throughout my day...all coming together for that one moment. He brought healing to places that I thought were already empty from pain. He brought quick healing to a fresh wound, that needed His touch so desperately. He wrapped His arms around my heart and squeezed tightly, so that I knew it was Him speaking to me...without a shadow of a doubt. One of the sweet moments in the day, was a sermon given by an old friend. The title of the sermon was..."How do we know that God exists?" I've always known in my heart that God exists. I've known that His hand has been on me for my entire life. I've known. Yet...at times, I've doubted. I've questioned. I've been unfaithful. And as always...He is there. Faithful. Always. Through my doubt, my questions and my unfaithfulness. He is there. I sit in awe this morning of the past 24 hours. My soul is content, yet exhausted. My tiny little brain can't wrap itself around the magnificience of God's infinite plan for me.It never will. But...I know that it is unfolding...heart beat by heart beat, moment by moment, hour by hour, day by day...and year by year. His love and plan for me is unfolding. So...if you were to ask me how I know that God exists? Simply put...I know. I know. Do you?
John 9:12-25
"Where is the man?" they asked him.
"I don't know," he said.
They brought to the Pharisees the man who had been blind. Now the day one which Jesus had made the mud and opened the man's eyes was a sabbath. Therefore the pharisees also asked him how he had received his sight.
"He put mud on my eyes", the man replied, "and I washed, and now I see."
Some of the Pharisees said, "This man is not form God, for he does not keep the Sabbath."
But others asked, "How can a sinner perform such signs?" So they were divided.
Then they turned again to the blind man, "What have you to day about him? It was your eyes he opened."
The man replied, "He is a prophet."
They still did not believe that he had been blind and had received his sight until they sent for the man's parents.
"Is this your son?" they asked. "Is this the on you say was born blind? How is it that now he can see?"
"We know he is our son," the parents answered, " and we know he was born blind.".....
A second time they summoned the man who had been blind. "Give glory to God by telling the truth," they said, "We know this man is a sinner."
He replied...
"Whether he is a sinner or not, I don't know. One thing I do know. I was blind but now I see!"

1 comment:

  1. I too know that I know my Saviour lives. I feel exactly like you do. So often I get too caught up in myself and then the surrender comes and God blesses me and knocks my socks off again...I am in complete awe of Him.

    Great post.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts with Thumbnails

Proverbs 17:22 "A joyful heart is good medicine"


THANKS FOR STOPPING BY!

Hope your visit was a pleasant one. Be blessed and come back soon!