Thursday, November 18, 2010

You're not alone.

"BEEN THERE. DONE THAT"
"Been there. Done that." This is a saying that we have all heard once or twice. Or we have said it or thought it. But, do we really know what the words are telling us. They mean that we have gone through the same circumstance or been in the exact same place as someone else...at one time or another. I remember how alone I felt when I had my fourth miscarriage. I would think to myself, "No one knows how this feels. I'm in this all by myself." I believed this lie that the enemy was telling me, that is until...I met a woman who had lost just as many, and never even brought a child home...like I eventually did. You see...we were created to worship God. One of the ways that we worship Him is by loving one another. Encouraging one another. Picking eachother up out of the dirt, dusting eachother off, and rejoicing in healing with one another. The devil knows this, so he would much rather us feel alone. He knows that there is strength in numbers and as long as we are alone...he can possibly take advantage of us and bring us further down into the mud. That's why he would much rather us keep things hidden and in secret...in the dark where no one can see our pain. But there is a light that overshadows all darkness. That light is Jesus Christ. And He is alive in us! We can find healing and safety in His arms. We must push the devil aside and be there for one another...loving and encouraging like Jesus does for us. It was hard for me for a long time to understand why I had to go through the pain and hardship of losing my children, but then I was in a position to help someone else deal with their pain and hardship. And little did I know before, but that was where my healing was...in helping someone else get through their pain. God has everything worked out for our good, even our pain will one day make sense. Mine did. And yours will. Find comfort in one another. Encourage and love your neighbor. Who knows...you might have more in common than you think. The next time you think, "Been there. Done that", don't stop there with just a thought or those words, continue on by opening your heart to someone who really needs the love of Christ in you. You never know...the next time, that person who needs the comforting words of a friend...just might be you.
Don't ever forget...you're not alone. None of us are.
I Thessalonians 5:11
Therefore encourage one another and build eachother up, just as in fact you are doing.
James 5:16
Therefore confess your sins to eachother and pray for eachother so that you may be healed. The prayer of a righteous person is powerful and effective.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails

Proverbs 17:22 "A joyful heart is good medicine"


THANKS FOR STOPPING BY!

Hope your visit was a pleasant one. Be blessed and come back soon!