Sunday, February 6, 2011

One page at a time.

I blogged a couple of weeks ago about how I had been praying (okay pleading) with God to "send me Lord". I earnestly prayed and prayed to be used by Him in some way, form or fashion. Not fogetting, that I was already being used within my home with my children of course. That assignment is an ever, on going one, that I am so blessed to be asked to do by God. Being a spouse and a mother, is the best challenge God could have ever given me, and I hope I make Him proud. So, I was asked to participate in the new women's ministry blog at our church, the Joli Blog, which you can visit here. I excitedly said YES! It has been an amazing journey already and the blog is only a week old. God is already doing His Thang! Amen for that! But then, I was asked to do something else. This something was brought up a few months back, and I wasn't sure if I was up for the challenge. I had to seriously get into my prayer closet for this one. I was asked to be a part of a "small group" bible study for some local teenagers, and also asked if we would open up our home to accomodate the bible study. At first, I wasn't sure. I have to admit my hesitance. Not because of the kids, because I've always felt that God would use my husband and I with young adults, but because I wasn't sure if I wanted to dedicate my time to it. I've always believed that I shouldn't commit to something, unless I couldn't put my whole heart and effort into it. But then, I was reminded of my prayer and plea to God to "be sent". I couldn't very well tell God that I didn't "want to go", now that I was being "sent". My husband and I began to pray. We wanted God's direction and decided that until we both had peace about it, we should not agree to it. Plus...it would give me the time to have a deep one on one talk with God and ask Him, "Uhh, you sure about this? You want ME to do this? Me? Do You need more time to rethink this?" As you can see, I still had doubts of whether He should have asked me to do this. I'm working on it...trusting Him more. I had to close my ears off to the enemy, who was apparently trying to sabotage my decision. He tried, he failed. It was time to make the decision. God confirmed to both of us that it was time to step out and offer our home, to help with the spiritual growth of these "on fire" teenagers.

We were being "sent"...

It's been about a week and a half since God spoke to us to go ahead with it. My passion and excitement has grown with each passing day. I am excited and awaiting the awesome things God is going to do in the lives of these young christians. I'm also excited on what He is continuing to do in me. I find it so neat how God gave me two things to do in one of the areas that I love the most. Reading! I love it! Words... gotta love em'!! He knows me so well and does such sweet things for me. I am humbled to be asked to do one of these things, much less both of them. Truly humbled. So...here goes my second bible study group. That makes two books to read. Two. Am I a tad-bit nervous, a little anxious and a little crazy? Yes. Yes I am. It's the multi-tasker in me. At times a curse, at others a blessing. This time...a huge blessing! I got this... You know the saying, "God never brings you to it, if He can't bring you through it". And on that, is where my faith lies. In HIS hands alone. Home bible study on Francis Chan's book Crazy Love. Women's bible study on Beth Moore's book So Long Insecurity.

Loving where God has brought me...one page at a time.

Psalm 31:3 Since you are my rock and my fortress, for the sake of your name, lead and guide me.

Isaiah 6:8 Then I heard the voice of the Lord saying, "Whom shall I send? And who will go for us?" And I said, "Here I am. Send me!"

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails

Proverbs 17:22 "A joyful heart is good medicine"


THANKS FOR STOPPING BY!

Hope your visit was a pleasant one. Be blessed and come back soon!