Monday, April 4, 2011

I'm on the move.

I haven't been blogging much this past month or so. Eight times in one month to be exact.
That's not much.

Alot has been going on in my life lately.

Lots and lots.

God had spoken to my heart a few months ago while I was at work one day.

I was miserable, and feeling all the aches and pains that my job was bringing to my life.

I was in a broken place and cried out to God asking Him to deliver me from the place I was in.

I pleaded with Him, "Why do you keep me in this place?"

He spoke softly, and without hesitation I knew it was Him, "I'm waiting on you."

"What?" I thought to myself.

"Waiting on me to do what?" I asked.

He answered me immediately, "To move."

That was it.

To move?

This opened up a huge can of worms for me.

Questions began to surface in my mind.

Move where? Move how? Move when? What do I do when I get there?

I struggled with what to do and even called a close friend to pray with me to find understanding of what God was asking me to do.

I was perplexed. I felt lost.

I continued on in my job applying all the things God would have me to; love, patience, endurance, unselfishness and lots of time.

It slowly began to drain me of all that I had.

Emotionally and physically.

I had become weak and tired.

I became so uncomfortable in my job, that I was physically ill at times, and returned home crying on several occassions.
I was so, so tired. And even cried by myself many times to God, "I'm tired Lord. I'm so tired."

I felt stuck where I was. Completely. Stuck.

At times, I could hear God speaking softly to me, whispering to my heart, "You are never stuck with Me. You are free."

I didn't feel free where I was. I felt trapped. In bondage.

The feelings would not leave me, and I chose to ignore Him speaking to me. My mind stayed jumbled and confused.

Then something happened which caused me to have to make a choice.

My job, or my family?

The choice was obvious.

I chose my family and decided to quit my job.

As soon as I quit, I'm talking at the very second that I quit, I felt peace like never before.

Peace rushed in like a river.

A river!

The chains of bondage were broken.

I felt free!

I felt strong!

Looking back now, I realize that God wanted me to listen to Him. He wanted me to "move" and made it so uncomfortable for me, that I would have no choice but to move.

(Have you ever been in a place like that?)

I'm so glad I listened.

Obedience has it's rewards. I am proof of that.

The days that followed my resignation have been filled with confirmations and blessings. I feel God speaking to me louder than ever before. I was in a place that had caused me to almost block His voice out. Not a good place to be at all.

Not. At. All.

It's funny how we sometimes forget what we pray and ask God for.

About a year ago, I was having a day by myself and chose to have some one on one time with God. At this time, I had begun feeling the aches and pains of my job. I had also just started my blog. It was March of 2010.

I fell to my face before God and cried, "God, you know how miserable I am in this job. You know that I do not want to spend the rest of my life doing this. If this is where You want me, I will stay, but if not, Lord please move me to something new. I will write this blog for one year and give it to You. I will minister to people and Glorify You in all that I do and in everything that I write. But, after one year Lord, please move me to a new place."

That was one year ago this March.
He moved me.

One year later, almost to the day!

Just thinking about it, brings me to tears. After knowing God for my entire life, the thought of Him hearing my personal prayer and answering it, brings me to an overwhelming feeling of emotion.
It's undescribable.

Am I in a new place?

In more than one way.
Right now, my place is at home with my family. It is writing more, praying more, and seeking Him more.

It is finding rest in Him who gives rest.

I do not know what the upcoming days, weeks or months will bring, but I am looking forward to where He is bringing me.

I'm unemployed, only doing a cleaning job here and there.

Bringing in much less pay than I was a few weeks ago, but...I'm happier than I have ever been.

I have found peace from the Prince of Peace.

I am confident that my Father has me right where He wants me and will bring provision for all my (our) needs.

All of them.

I have trust in the One who heard my cry and caught every tear that has fallen from my eyes.

And even though, I may have no idea where I'm going right now, I'm on the move with Him...
In Him.
My spirit is excited!!
I've got a joy that goes down to my bones!
I am ready!

I'm on the move with God.

That's a good place to be.

Phillippians 4:13 I can d o all things through Christ who strengthens me.

Ephesians 3:16 I pray that out of his glorious riches he may strengthen you with power through his Spirit in your inner being.

Romans 16:20 The God of peace will soon crush satan under your feet. The grace of our Lord Jesus be with you.

II Samuel 22:7 In my distress I called upon the Lord; to my God I called. From His temple He heard my voice and my cry came to His ears.

1 comment:

  1. The Prince of Peace and I are so happy for you! It's about time you moved! Love you and I love watching your journey.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts with Thumbnails

Proverbs 17:22 "A joyful heart is good medicine"


THANKS FOR STOPPING BY!

Hope your visit was a pleasant one. Be blessed and come back soon!