Tuesday, August 23, 2011

The good Lord doesn't sleep.

The good Lord doesn't sleep.

This is one of those phrases that we've all heard once or twice.
We might have even said it once or twice.
I did.
Not too long ago.
I used it as a weapon.
To hurt someone.
I was venting to a friend about a situation I was trying to close the door on.
I was angry at that someone who had "done me wrong".
I said...
"That's okay, the good Lord doesn't sleep."
In other words,
they'll get theirs.
Wow...
That was pretty harsh.
What made me think, that the good Lord took a lunch break, or a cat nap at the exact moment I threw that stone, is beyond me.
Cuz He didn't.
And just as I wasn't pleased with my "offender", I'm pretty sure God wasn't pleased with me using His perfect omniscient devotion to us, as a weapon to get back at someone.
Lest I forget...
Romans 12:19
Do not take revenge my friends, but leave room for God's wrath, for it is written: "It is mine to repay ; I will repay", says the Lord.
Matthew 5:4
But I tell you: Love your ememies and pray for those who persecute you.
Psalm 19:14
May the words of my mouth and the meditation of my heart be pleasing in your sight, O Lord, my Rock and my Redeemer.
I was reminded of that phrase again today.
In a totally different way.

The right way.

I have two friends who are both facing sicknesses with their little ones.
(I will not mention their names in respect of their privacy.)
But, if you have a moment in your day, please say a sweet prayer for Little Man and Even Littler Man.
(God knows who they are.)
Both of their moms have been facing sleepless nights these past few days, and could possibly lose more sleep in the next couple of days.
I remember those nights all too well.
My little guy has been an allergy kid.
He has had the croup too many times to count.
Pneumonia, bronchitis and the flu several times as well.
Whew...those were some hard days.
Oh, how I remember those late nights with high fevers, horrible coughs and the desperate pleas to my Father.
"Dear God, please heal my baby. Make his lungs strong to the breathe Lord. Heal his fragile body. I don't care if I sleep Lord, but please help him rest. Even if you have to give me his sickness, I will take it, just please make him better."
Maybe it was crazy asking to get his sickness, but after 27 hours with no sleep, two days with no bath, long nights spent on the bathroom floor with dampened clothes from the steamy shower, falling asleep on the side of his bed holding his breathing treatment so not to wake him up, and a sick helpless baby crying on your lap and coughing like a goose...you'll say anything to get some relief .

(But honestly, crazy sounding or not, I meant it. I truly meant it.)

Now my boy is nine years old and thank God he has had a pretty good season thus far.
No croup, no flu, and no bronchitis.
Thank you sweet Jesus!
As I look back on those nights, I am comforted to know that as I held my little guy tired and lethargic in my arms...God was holding me tired and lethargic in His.
Every time.
I'm comforted to know, that on those sleepless nights that I did my best trying not to doze off, so I could watch his chest move up and down, making sure he was breathing...and yet nodding off anyway...
the good Lord doesn't sleep.
Take comfort all you Lil' Mommas.

No matter where you are with your youngens.

It will get better.
This too shall pass.
Hold on tight to your little one.
And in the meantime, be comforted and find rest in knowing...
the good Lord doesn't sleep.
Proverbs 15:3
The eyes of the Lord are in every place.
Psalm 44:21
For He knows the secrets of the heart.
Proverbs 3:24
When you lie down, you will not be afraid, when you lie down, your sleep will be sweet.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails

Proverbs 17:22 "A joyful heart is good medicine"


THANKS FOR STOPPING BY!

Hope your visit was a pleasant one. Be blessed and come back soon!