Monday, September 5, 2011

Three things...







Good things come in threes.


I woke up to three of my favorite things this morning.


#1.
I woke up at my Dad's house.
We have been here for three days now.
This morning I had the pleasure of enjoying some quiet, early morning coffee talk with my Dad.
When I was little, I was always the first kid to awake in the morning.
My Dad would already be up, drinking his coffee at the kitchen table, gazing out the window, watching the morning sun introduce the brand new day.
I was the first up this morning.
My Dad woke up not too long after, to find me, gazing out the window, watching the morning sun introduce the brand new day.
He sat.
We talked.
We sipped our coffee.
We breathed it in, each small moment at a time.
I love my Dad.



#2.
Doughnuts.
To be exact; Kolachis, chocolate covered doughnuts, boudin filled Kolachis and just plain old regular fantastic doughnuts!!
Sweet morning goodness!
My belly welcomed each fat filled calorie with a smile.
When I was little, my Dad would always buy us doughnuts on the weekend.
I would normally wake up early enough, to get to ride in his truck with him to the doughnut shop.
He would let me pick out one doughnut especially for me.
My doughnut of choice: Chocolate covered doughnut with nuts on top!
(Some things don't change)
Now a days, it's my kids that hop in the truck with their PawPaw, to run to the nearest doughnut shop, and they get to pick out their favorite doughnut.
They return with smiling, doughnut filled faces.
I love their PawPaw.



#3.
Fall air.
We have been experiencing the remnants of Tropical Storm Lee here in Southeast and West Louisiana.
It brought much needed rain to some areas, and too much to others.
On the end of it, were lots of strong winds.
Behind that, was our first real cold front.
It's winds of change woke me up this morning.
I opened the door to the back porch, to be kissed sweetly on the face with the autumn breeze.
I could smell fall, and it tickled my nose and my heart.
The Fall season is my favorite.
As I sat with my Dad, coffee in one hand, doughnut in the other, I had the sudden urge to buy some pumpkins, and cinnamon and nutmeg candles.
I closed my eyes and breathed in the air as it blew across my face...
thanking God for the seasons that change.
In the air, and in my life.
I love my Father.


Good things come in threes.

The Father
The Son
The Holy Spirit.


Because of Grace...we get to embrace all three.


Isaiah 48:16
Draw near to me, hear this:
 from the beginning I have not spoken in secret, from the time it came to be I have been there."
And the Lord God has sent me, and His Spirit.


Ecclesiastes 3:1
To every thing there is a season, and a time to every purpose under the heaven.





1 comment:

Related Posts with Thumbnails

Proverbs 17:22 "A joyful heart is good medicine"


THANKS FOR STOPPING BY!

Hope your visit was a pleasant one. Be blessed and come back soon!