Friday, October 7, 2011

I have called you by name.


"Just face it, I'm not the smart one Mom. 
I'm the dumb one.
 Don't worry about me. 
 Who cares what my grades are just as long as I pass."


Hearing those words were like pouring acid into the veins of my heart.

I melted inside as the words bellowed in my ears.

She had labeled herself with a lie.

The look on her face told the story of her defeat.

She had lost it.

Somewhere along the way...she had lost it.

Her confidence.
Her joyful spirit.

I began to pray, and pray hard.
I wanted to get her back to where she needed to be.

Knowing things about herself that were the truth, not the lies she spoke of.

I wanted her to know she was worth it.

Just her...
worth it all.

Worth the effort.
Worth the time.
Worth the hard work.
Worth whatever it took.
Worth it all.

I did my all to show her, for her to see the worth she carried,
but her mind was made up,
and she believed those words she spoke.

I continued to pray...

"God help her.  Help her to see her worth and how precious she is. Show her who she is in You."

Then,
He came with a gentle rain.

He swooped in,
like a mother eagle rescuing it's fallen babe.

"You're going to homeschool the kids."

In my own lack of confidence, I doubted.
I feared.
"Oh God, are you sure?"


He was sure.
He always is.



We broke the news of homeschooling and her anger shot up like an erupting volcano.

She felt even more defeated than before.
Helpless.
Broken.

I continued to pray, asking Him to touch her heart,
to speak to it in a way that I couldn't. 
With a blind faith,
we stepped into His plan for us.

"I'm a genius!!"

She screamed, from her desk, after figuring out four Physics problems during a test.

Her face lit up the room with it's essence of joy.

We are finishing up our third week of homeschool.

I keep replaying those words in my head like a sweet melody.
"I'm a genius!"
Oh, what a sweet melody it is!

I overheard her bragging to someone yesterday about her homeschooling grades.
Her face was a glow.
Her spirit was joyful and filled with life!

He came for her.

He knew what she needed.

He covered her with His love.

Hugging her with His grace.

He wanted to show her she was worth it.

Worth it all.

He wanted to give her a new name.

He did just that.

Not one person goes unnoticed.

Not one person is not worth a sacrifice...

not worth The Sacrifice.


His love for us knows no boundaries.
It is infinite and overflowing.
Always enough.
He came to give us all a new name,
each and every one of us.

We were worth whatever it took...
so He took His Lamb to the slaughter,
for us.


He has called you by name, and you are His.


John 3:16
For God so loved the world that he gave his one and only Son, that whoever believes in him shall not perish but have eternal life.

John 10:10
The thief comes only to steal, kill, and destroy; I have come so that they may have life, and have it to the full.

Matthew 20:28
For even the Son of Man came not to be served but to serve others and to give his life as a ransom for many.



**There are some changes coming to Finding the SONlight next week. 
I hope you stick around to see what they are.

Be blessed!!




No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails

Proverbs 17:22 "A joyful heart is good medicine"


THANKS FOR STOPPING BY!

Hope your visit was a pleasant one. Be blessed and come back soon!