Tuesday, January 17, 2012

In the mess.



We forget what He has done when we do not intentionally sit at His feet in our mess. 
We are blind, until we ask Him to let us see.
~~Lauren Nicole Love




I was reminded of His perfect grace within this quote.

I often think that I have to make myself, my life, my circumstance, my walk, all perfect and shiny for God to embrace me.
For me to enter into His presence.

Say the perfect things. Do all the right things.
Don't mess up.
No mistakes.
Keep it all together.
All or nothing.

  I forget way too often, that it is there in my mess, my mistakes and my imperfection that I find Him.

That I need Him.
That I receive Him.

It's where He still loves me.


Our mess is where He saves us.
Time after time.
Mess after mess.
Giving us His All.

It's where His cleansing takes full power over the ailments decaying our hearts.

It's where we see our sin drown and fade and disappear within the flow of His blood.


It's where we can smell the wood of the cross and be reminded of the sacrifice He made.


Where we can see His love displayed and stretched out.

Where our darkness is consumed by His light.

Where our sadness turns to joy.

Where our weakness is renewed by His strength.

Where our day is made new.

Where we see our unstained reflection in His eyes.


Where He wipes our tears away.

Where our eyes are opened to see.

Where we are set free.

Where He is glorified.


He will meet you in your mess.

Won't you invite Him in?



Romans 10:9
For if you confess with your mouth that Jesus is Lord and believe in your heart that God raised him from the dead, you will be saved.

1 John 1:9
But if we confess our sins to Him, he is faithful and just to forgive us our sins and to cleanse us from all wickedness.



No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails

Proverbs 17:22 "A joyful heart is good medicine"


THANKS FOR STOPPING BY!

Hope your visit was a pleasant one. Be blessed and come back soon!