Tuesday, January 1, 2013

New Year's Extravaganza! Goodbye 2012!

 
 



Welcome to my New Year's Extravaganza!

I'm saying "So long, it's been swell" to 2012,
and "Well hello there beautiful" to 2013!

 
It has been yet another great year and there is so much I am thankful for.
So much!
2012 was filled with many firsts for me and I am so blessed to be on the
 journey God has set out for my life.
It's quite the adventure.
  It truly is unbelievable how much He loves me.

He has totally rocked my world this past year,
but in the best of ways.

One of the biggest things that happened is that
I turned 40.

Yep, the big 4-0.

You're probably saying to yourself...
"You, 40? No way. You can't be a day over 38 1/2."

I know right. Unbelievable.

I believe my 40s are going to be A-MA-ZA-ZING!

2012 was also filled with many new friendships.

You can't ever, ever, ever have too many friends.
They are like gold!
Like. Gold.
Treasure them, all of them.

Some of my new friends I actually met here on my blog.
They are either readers or fellow bloggers.

They are the sweetest of ladies and I am so blessed by their friendship!

The other ladies that I have grown close to this year are through our
Joli Women's Ministry at my church.
These women have truly blessed my socks off and I am blessed to work alongside them throughout the year.
(You know who you are.)

It has been an honor to be a part of what God is doing in the hearts of women and I am in great expectation of what He is going to do in 2013.


I thought I would recap 2012 with naming some of my favorite things about this year.
I could probably name 100 things, but seriously...
who has time for that?

So, I narrowed it down to ten.
 
Hold on to your seats ladies and gents!
It's going to be great!
 
Drum roll please...
 
 
1. My favorite book of 2012-
 
Life of Pi
A fantasy adventure novel by Yann Martel
 
 
2. My favorite movie of 2012-
 
The Odd Life of Timothy Green
or
Life of Pi
 
 
3. Favorite television show of 2012-
 
Parenthood
 (Seasons 1, 2, 3 & now 4)
 
4. My favorite song of 2012-
 
Angel by Your Side
by Francesca Battistelli
 
 
5. My favorite restaurant of 2012-
 
The Melting Pot
(A fondue paradise!)
 
 
6. My favorite adventure of 2012-
(I have two.)
 
Flying for the first time.
 or
Sharing part of my testimony with hundreds of women at my church.
 
 
7. My favorite moment of 2012-
 
Watching my son be water baptized and declaring his love for Jesus.
 
 
8. My favorite quote of 2012
(I have two)
 
Hate is easy; love takes courage.
~~unknown
 
If my life is fruitless, it doesn't matter who praises me.
And if my life is fruitful, it doesn't matter who criticizes me.
~~John Bunyan

 
9. My favorite scripture verse of 2012-
 (Again, I have two.)

Ephesians 1:7
He is so rich in kindness and grace that he purchased our freedom
with the blood of his Son and forgave our sins.
 
Psalm 34:18
If your heart is broken, you'll find God right there;
If you're kicked in the gut, He'll help you catch your breath.
 
 
10. My favorite food or beverage discovery of 2012-
 
New Orleans Old Fashioned Eggnog used as coffee creamer.
(Oh man, it tastes like heaven!)
 
 
 
I also thought I would share my top ten most viewed blog posts for 2012.
 
Thank you for making 2012 such a great year for
Finding the SONlight!
 
I so much enjoy sharing my life and heart here with all of you!
If you have time, recap the list of blogs below.

My personal favorite is The man that walks the streets.
 
 (Just click the title and it will take you to that particular post)
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 

 
There you have it...
some of my favorite things and the most viewed
blog posts of 2012!
 
 And now...
for the BIG finale!

I did my first GIVEAWAY over the past few weeks,
and although I didn't get the response I was hoping for...I do have a winner!

The winner of this giveaway gets a new copy of
Francine Rivers'
Redeeming Love

The winner is Rondah S!!

Congratulations to YOU!!


I believe that 2013 will be even better than 2012.

I am ready for whatever comes my way.

Thanks again for making this blog worth writing!

 
What about you?
 
What made 2012 so wonderful for you?
 
I'd love to know!
 
 
Happy New Year!

 
 
 



No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails

Proverbs 17:22 "A joyful heart is good medicine"


THANKS FOR STOPPING BY!

Hope your visit was a pleasant one. Be blessed and come back soon!