Thursday, April 8, 2010

31 days and counting!

Yesterday marked the one month anniversary of my blog. What a journey it has been. It began with a totally different purpose then it has now. It started out as me writing it to witness and help other people grow in their Christian walk with God. I wanted to share the love of God with people in a contemporary and humorous approach. Little did I know, that it would become a pathway to self discovery for myself. I have come to realize much about myself over this past month. God has helped me find strengths in myself that I didn't know existed, and at the same time, weaknesses that I had, that only He could take from me. It has caused me to search out God like I never have before and fall into a deeper love with Him. It has caused me to take a step back and look at life with a totally new set of eyes. Many months ago when I received a new chance at my life, I thought things couldn't get any better. I felt so alive! Each emotion that I had was so much more enhanced than before. I smiled bigger. I cried harder. I hugged longer. I laughed louder. Each emotion was as if it were multipled by a hundred. I felt each emotion in the core of my bones. Life felt like it was at it's best. Then, this blog happened. Just when I thought life couldn't get any better, and my joy couldn't grow any stronger...it did. You see, there is a no limit on our joy. There is no stopping point for God. He wants to give us blessings as "far as our eyes can see". He doesn't just want to fill our cup. He wants to give us a dozen cups overflowing at the rim! His love is neverending and so are His blessings. When we surrender our all to Him, He gives His all to us. Then the desire to serve Him only becomes stronger. You know what they say, the more time you spend with someone, the more that you get to see their "true colors". I want to see ALL of God's colors! I want Him to fill me up with whatever HE has to offer. Although I have known Him for the majority of my life, I feel as though my life with Him is just beginning! Thank you for taking the time to read my intermost thoughts and experiences of my life with God. And, if this blog has been a blessing for you, then my heart is full. But, as for what it is doing for me, my heart is overflowing at the rim! Psalm 84:2, "I long, yes, I faint with longing to enter the courts of the Lord. With my whole being, body and soul, I will shout joyfully to the living God." Psalm 16:5, "Lord, you alone are my inheritance, my cup of blessing. You guard all that is mine."

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails

Proverbs 17:22 "A joyful heart is good medicine"


THANKS FOR STOPPING BY!

Hope your visit was a pleasant one. Be blessed and come back soon!