Tuesday, April 6, 2010

Love letters.

Falling in love has to be one of the most exhilerating and rewarding actions we can take in life. I fell in love with my husband as soon as I saw him. Yes..there is love at first sight. It was my last year of highschool and he walked into my Biology class as the "new kid". When my eyes saw him I think I must have had little red hearts popping out of my head. I can remember it like it was yesterday. Although, when I do remember it, I see it in slow motion. You know, like in the movies when the school jock or school crush walks into the room, swooping his hair. Aaahhhh. Well, he walked in, all dressed in black...the rebel. My heart melted. I knew at that moment that I had to have him. Corny huh! Yeh well..I'm writing this so bare with me. I remember my heart beating faster and faster each time I would sneak a glance at him. So, the hunt was on! As, my daughter calls it, I started to "stalk" him for the next few weeks. I made sure that where ever he was, that he saw me. I popped up in more places then humanly possible. Then, one day I had the courage to write him a letter. I introduced myself and offered my "frienship", of course hoping for more. He agreed on being friends. I was ecstatic! So, I wrote another letter...and another...and another...and another...and another...and another...you get the idea. All in the hopes, that one day he would think of me as more than friends. Then it happened...he fell in love with me. My heart was full of elation. I don't even think I walked down the halls from that point on..I floated. We were in love! Everything about him was perfect for me. I remember sitting in class and just writing his name...over...and over...and over...and over...you get the idea. I just doodled it on everything. You know what I'm talking about...don't you? I would even write my first name and put his last behind it...just to see what it would look like. Of course, being embarrassed, I wouldn't let anyone see that! There is nothing in this world like "love". I walked in my closet the other day to look for a book, that I had some notes in. I found a bag full of those love letters I wrote him so many years ago. I opened it and read a few. Man! Did I sound cheesy and desperate! I also found a notebook with poetry in it. On the cover I had doodled his name all over it. Wow...I think I did "stalk" him a little. Well..it's almost been twenty years together, so my cheesy and desperate letters apparently worked. I thank God for the love that He has given us. It grows stronger every day. This is the way that God feels about us. It was love at first sight for Him. He fell in love with us even before we were created. He wrote us a love letter over two thousand years ago. It was written in the form of a man...named Jesus. He loved us so much that He sent His son to die for our sins. In that receiving of love he promises us eternal life! Now that's the ultimate showing of Love! Do you know that God is a "doodler" of your name? He is in love with you so much, that He has written your name in the palm of His hand. Isaiah 49:16, "See, I have engraved you on the palms of my hands;" God wants to pour out His love on us. He is infatuated with us. He is in love with us. Hasn't He shown up in places you least expected Him to? Hasn't He revealed Himself to you? What else must He do to have your heart? His love is steadfast and pure! Fall in love with Him and watch as you "float" on air. John 3:16, "For God so loved the world that he gave his one and only son, that whoever believes in him shall not perish but have eternal life."

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails

Proverbs 17:22 "A joyful heart is good medicine"


THANKS FOR STOPPING BY!

Hope your visit was a pleasant one. Be blessed and come back soon!