Sunday, June 13, 2010

More times than I can count.

II Corinthians 12:9, "My grace is sufficient for you, for my power is made perfect in weakness." I continue to be amazed by God's great love for me. It never ceases to surprise me, on a daily basis. But, sometimes I still have to be reminded of it. My life has been one of many "close calls", as they say. I would rather call them "God encounters". He saved my life on more than one occasion, physically and spiritually. And continues to do so everyday. I often forget that others have not had the privelege of knowing God as long as I have. I was introduced to Him at a very early age, and for that one reason, I will be eternally grateful to my mother, for making Him a part of my childrearing. But yet again, I still must be reminded. Not that I forget, what He has done for me, but I sometimes take advantage of truly knowing. I take for granted what He has taught me, and I tend to keep it all to myself. Knowing that He needs me to share it, give it, and spread it, to others who haven't been so lucky. Instead, I criticise those who don't know Him. I get angry and spiteful, instead of loving and generous. I guess, it's because, I can't fathom the idea of not having him. So, I forget that others don't. For this, I am ashamed. For this one reason, I must be reminded every day that I too, need my Savior. I need Him to empty me of myself, my selfishness, my ignorance, my hatred, and my sin. I need to be reminded that I need Him every minute, every hour of every day, to cleanse my life. His love for me is that reminder. The great links He has gone to for me, are far too many to name. More times than I can count! Although, He is my Savior, He isn't mine to keep all to myself. I must share Him with everyone... anyone. Because, it is only by His perfect grace in my life, that I can actually sit here and type this blog. Ephesians 2:8-9, "By grace you have been saved, through faith-and this not from yourselves, it is the gift of God-not by works, so that no one can boast." I could sit here all day, and type all of the things that He has done for me, but that would take many days, and lots of tears. I guess you will have to wait until the book comes out. (Seriously) So, today, my blog is just a reflection, of what God has and will do for me. I find myself overwhelmed with emotion these past few months. I cry more than usual. (which is alot!) But, I feel awakened to a whole new place within myself. The place where God has tried to get me all along. The place that I could only find, with true interrupted fellowship with Him. That place is God's heart. This place causes me to drop to my knees, in true worship. I'm finding healing. And I know that to be true, because the places that once caused me pain and fear, are the same places that God's love has conquered. In times of war, you could only conquer someone's land, if you would invade it, and physically take it over. You could not do it, with mere words, or statements. It had to be a physical invasion and take over. God has invaded my soul! He has conquered and taken over the dark places, and restored them to something new. He holds ownership. Before, I just spoke of His conquering, but didn't truly allow Him to invade my whole being. That meant He had to invade my mind, my heart, my thoughts, my words, my fears, my weaknesses, my strengths, my will, my purpose....my sin. And you know what, He has to do it everyday. Because, without Him, I have no "fight" within me. Only empty words. And there are still times, when my stubborness kicks in, and I try to reconquer my own will, but it is a fight in vain. I must again, "wave the white flag of defeat", and allow God to work in me, like only He can. And I gotta say, wooooh, it's exhausting trying to do things my way. But, when I sit back, in His rest, things just seem to happen smoothly. Take some time to rest in God today, reflect on what He has done for you, and where He was willing to go...on your behalf. I'm sure you will find, that it has been more times than you can count. Let the invasion begin! ******Take time to listen: Time In Between by Francesca Battistelli ******click on link!! http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ykS2ZKSzXlk

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails

Proverbs 17:22 "A joyful heart is good medicine"


THANKS FOR STOPPING BY!

Hope your visit was a pleasant one. Be blessed and come back soon!