Tuesday, August 31, 2010

I'm For You


"I'm For You" by Dana Calverette author of Calverette Chronicles http://calverettechronicles.blogspot.com/
Today is a very special day because Tammy has asked me to be guest author of her blog. It is with great honor and privilege that I have accepted this challenge. But, today is special for another, more important, and wonderful reason. Today is the day we celebrate Tamara Higginbotham Stelly. Thirty-eight years ago, a precious baby was born. In that moment, the possibilities for her life were unlimited (and so would be her challenges). There was so much joy, hope, and promise of what was to come. Angels danced. God smiled. "Children are a gift from the Lord; they are a reward from him." Psalm 127:3
I did not know her as a child. We didn't meet until we were adults with children of our own. But, our friendship grew quickly, and soon, it was as though we had been life long friends. We have "that" connection. Our relationship does not need to be defined or explained. It just is. It was yesterday, it is today, and will be for the rest of my tomorrows. "There are 'friends' who destroy each other, but a real friend sticks closer than a brother." Proverbs 18:24
I don't need to tell you how special Tammy is. I don't need to tell you that she is dedicated to her God. I don't need to tell you that she is absolutely devoted to her children and her husband. I don't need to tell you how selfless she is. I don't need to describe her laugh to you because I'm sure you have it memorized from hearing it so often. I don't need to tell you that she is an emotional sap~ okay, crybaby. There, I've said it! I don't mean she's weak in any sense of the word. She is just compassionate and empathetic. Imagine what the world would be like if it were filled with more people like our Tammy. Can you imagine if our political leaders were as unselfish and considerate of everyone else like she is? (That's a whole other blog.)
Tammy definitely has a servant's heart. I know that she has struggled with this from time to time. Because of it, people tend to take her for granted every so often. But, let me tell you, she is far more deserving than that. She is giving at a level way beyond what you see on the surface. God has a plan for her that is going to benefit many, many people all over this world. "The master was full of praise, "Well done, my good and faithful servant. You have been faithful in handling this small amount, so now I will give you many more responsibilities. Let's celebrate together!" Matthew 25:21
Tammy has been a wonderful friend to me. She has been there for me when I've needed her most. Before I tell her my dilemma I always know what side she is going to be on~ MINE! Unfailing. Unquestionable. Loyal. Honorable. Respectable. Stellar. She has a way of knowing what I need without having to ask. She has rubbed my feet and delivered meals and babysat my children at times in my life when I absolutely needed it most!
I am honored to call her my friend. I am blessed to have her in my life. I love her. Will you all join me in wishing this wonderful woman a very "Happy Birthday.... and many more" by posting a comment below on how she has touched your life in a special way! Let's lift her up today- the day we celebrate one of God's faithful servants.
Tammy- just as you have been for me, I'm for you! Click here: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SgGNPE41bqM

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails

Proverbs 17:22 "A joyful heart is good medicine"


THANKS FOR STOPPING BY!

Hope your visit was a pleasant one. Be blessed and come back soon!