Monday, September 27, 2010

Doors

Door- a movable barrier for an opening and closing an entranceway, any means of approach, any gateway marking an entrance or exit from one place or state to another About three months ago, I sent one of my blog posts to a women's spiritual magazine. They were asking for articles for one of their upcoming issues. I read through a few that they had previously selected for printing, and I chose one of mine that I thought would fit in the same category. It was one of my favorite blogs: The Old Sewing Table. I emailed the editor my selection. I waited for a few weeks, checking my email everyday to see if it had been selected. Nothing. I waited some more. I checked my email every couple of days. Nothing. I starting checking it once a week. Nothing. I eventually... forgot about it. So much time had went by, that I figured it had gotten rejected. Woooh! Rejection. That's a hard word to swallow at times. Different blog...different day. I went on with my blog, my writing and my life. I figured...that door was closed. No loss. I turned my computer on the other morning, like I always do, to check my emails while I drank my coffee. I saw the name of the magazine on one of my emails in my inbox. My heart began to thump. I opened it anxiously, awaiting what I would find when I opened it. It was very upbeat and friendly. My heart raced with every word I read. The door was slowly creeping open again. Then I read this one sentence... "We have reviewed your article, and as much as I appreciated your message, I'm sorry to say that we don't have a place for it in our magazine at this time." Awwhhhh!! It was like a dagger to the chest!! The door slammed shut in my face!! Ouch! If I were to say that I wasn't disappointed...I would be lying. I was. My little heart sank in my chest for a few moments. I read it several times, almost expecting the message inside of it to reveal something different. It didn't. No shock there. I exited my email and went to pour another cup of coffee. That door was definitely closed. Doors. They open. They close. Sometimes, they creep open a tiny bit, just to give you a small glimpse of what is behind them, before they shut very quickly, blowing wind in your face and leaving you stunned. Doors. I've had many doors shut in my lifetime. Some were good experiences and exactly what I needed. Some stung at the time they were shut, but their closing was understood later down the road. I've had many doors open in my lifetime. Some were blessings. Others challenging. And then there were those, that I wished I had never opened. I believe that God sends us doors. I know that He has caused many to open for me in the past giving me blessings or victories on the other side. I also know that He has closed some, so that I wouldn't get hurt or damaged. There are many things that I know He wants me to experience in my lifetime...and those doors will open in due time. Then there are some doors, that are too difficult to walk through, so He has lifted me up and carried me over the threshold. A door is a new beginning...or an ending to something. I remember at times, crying out to God that I did not want to walk through where He was bringing me to. I was fine where I was...or so I thought. But God knew that I needed something new, and to bring me to that place, I might have had to go through a difficult door, closing the door to the past, and crossing me over the threshold of a better place. A threshold is any place or point of entering or beginning. There were some doors, that my stubbornness and pride kept me from wanting to go through. It was like trying to get a cat into the bathroom door for a bath. My legs sprawled out in every direction, holding onto the door frame with all I had, so not to enter the doorway. Only to realize, that what was on the other side wasn't so bad after all. All that whaling was for nothing. I've learned that when God brings me through a new door, no matter how easy or difficult the experience...He has my best interest at heart. There's always a reason even when I can't see it. The same thing goes when He causes a door to shut. It might hurt at the time, but He will cure my aching heart with His peace in due time. That's why I have to depend on Him through ALL things...good or bad. Proverbs 8:34 Blessed is the man who listens to me, watching daily at my doors, waiting at my door way. Psalms 142:3 When my spirit grows faint within me, it is you who knows my way. Isaiah 30:21 Whether you turn to the right or to the left, your ears will hear a voice behind you saying, "This is the way; walk in it." So...my blog didn't get accepted into the magazine. Another door shut, but another will eventually open. As long as my Father is in control...I know I will be just fine, while waiting...for the next door to open.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails

Proverbs 17:22 "A joyful heart is good medicine"


THANKS FOR STOPPING BY!

Hope your visit was a pleasant one. Be blessed and come back soon!