Wednesday, September 8, 2010

I need His grace.

Well, I think I might have made a mistake. Shocking I know?! (smiley face) I have been reading a book for a few weeks now. It's called Love Your Life by Victoria Osteen. It's a very empowering book. But, as you all know, last week was my birthday. I was fiddling around one day, checking out a couple of blogs that I follow, when I stumbled on a little something that caught my eye. It was on a blog, of a another blog, of another blog, that I found it. (Did I lose you yet?) Anyway, there just so happen to be a video clip attached to the book. I had never seen that before, so it peeked my interest. The book was called, Grace is For Sinners by Serena Woods. Grace? I need grace. Sinner? I'm a sinner. It seemed like the perfect book. I did something I have never done, and bought myself an early birthday present. I was so excited! I couldn't wait until it came in. It was due to arrive the day after my birthday, except it didn't. It arrived on my birthday!! Happy Birthday To Me!! The moment the book arrived, I fell in love with it. There is something about a brand new, unopened, unread book. The pages are nice and crisp. The cover is flawless and smoothe. As you open it, and flip the pages, the smell of it's newness tickles your nose. I love it! I was ready to read it. One problem. I wasn't finished reading the other book. If you know me at all, then you know that I am a little on the OCD side. (No comments needed) I have this thing about finishing something before starting something else. It's wierd and I probably need a little therapy time. But, none the less...it's me. My mind began arguing with my want to read my new book. I thought to myself, it won't hurt if I read just the forward. Yeh! I will read just the forward. Wrong. I'm half way through the book right now...I'm not that far in the first book. Yikes! I had told myself that the next book I would read would be something written by Beth Moore. One of my fellow bloggers reads her books and comments on them often. My BFF and I were talking the other day, and she brought her up. My mind was made up. Nope...wrong again. This book has swallowed me whole! The funny thing about it is, people have referred to Serena Woods, as the little Beth Moore. She talks about her in her book. A sign you think? I think so. I have decided to finish the new book. The reason being is that I can't put the darn thing down! My favorite nonfictional book thus far is definitely, A Freshed Brewed Life by Nicole Johnson. (Not to mention she autographed the inside cover for me! We had a connection...or so I think...ok I hope!) Her book caused me to realize the true purpose in my life. She caused me to look deep within myself and find those few things, that were holding me back from walking my purpose out. It was transforming. I felt triumphant. I felt alive and ready to conquer my goal for God. Thanks Nicole! This book, however, is bringing me to a place much deeper. I even remember telling my BFF that I wanted to go deeper into God. And I thought this book would take me there. Don't misunderstand me at all. If you ever want to go deeper into God. Read His word first. That is where you will find Him. That is where you will find you. Books are just a little "lagniappe" to your walk with God. I like the lagniappe. (smiley face) So, I had read A Freshed Brewed Life and I was ready to walk out my purpose. This book, is teaching me why I deserve it. This book is showing me, why God allowed things in my life to happen, to lead me to this point. It's teaching me about His grace. Grace is God's unmerited favor. Unrewarded. Grace is God doing good for us when we do not deserve it. It is a gift from God. We are all undeserving of God's grace. Yet, He gives it freely to those who accept Him. Wow! If I can't accept God's grace in my life...the first gift He has given me. Then, how can I live out the gifts and talents He has blessed me with. To walk out my "gift", I must first accept His gift...GRACE.
I Peter 4:10
God has given gifts to each of you from his variety of spiritual gifts. Manage them well so that God's generosity can flow through you.
So, there I sat. In a fold out chair, on the side of a soccer field, reading about God's grace. Tears rolled down my face. My spirit leaped inside me. My heart was spilling over at the rim. At one point, the revelation of His grace was so strong, I wanted to jump out of the chair and do a mini praise dance right there in the grass. Don't worry... I stopped myself.
I'm enjoying my book immensely. But, most of all...I'm enjoying God's grace.
Ephesians 2:8-9
By grace you have been saved, through faith-and this not from yourselves, it is the gift of God- not by works, so that no one can boast.
II Corinthians 12:9
My grace is sufficient for you, for my power is made perfect in weakness.
II Timothy 1:9
God has saved us and called us with a holy calling, not according to our works, but according to His own purpose and Grace which was given to us in Christ Jesus before time began.
Romans 5:17
For if, by the trespass of the one man, death reigned through that one man, how much more will those who receive God's abundant provision of grace and of the gift of righteousness reign in life through the one man, Jesus Christ.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails

Proverbs 17:22 "A joyful heart is good medicine"


THANKS FOR STOPPING BY!

Hope your visit was a pleasant one. Be blessed and come back soon!