Tuesday, October 12, 2010

Hallelu-yer!

Madea!

I have this issue with my kids. I apparently embarass them at church. We've already gone through the issue of me being cool or not cool. I honestly have bigger issues at hand...like feeding them, getting them to school on time, discipline, and their safety...rather than worry night and day how I rank on their "cool scale". But...if I have any chance of honestly and truly "being cool", they think I need to deal with the problem at hand... I love my church and most of all I love my pastor. His sermons are really good. You can just feel the Holy Spirit seeping out of them. Once in a while...o.k. every Sunday...when I feel that his message has made an excellent point or has made my spirit leap on the inside...I tend to occassionally...o.k. every Sunday...give out an excited, slightly loud...Amen or Hallelujah. They are horrified by this. They say it draws attention to them and us. Oh my...the horror of that! My youngest daughter told me Sunday afternoon, after church that I "clapped" too loud during church service...SERIOUSLY?!! It's not like I do it like Madea does it. I don't stand up and make a spectacle of myself. I just feel the message strongly sometimes, and I agree with a small insignificant shout. I can't help that at the exact time that I say "Amen" or "Hallelujah" no one else does..so it sounds louder than it actually is. And when Madea does it...they think it's hilarious!! Maybe I need to be more like her (or him..I get confused) and really embarass them. It's not like they never embarass me...right? I've never been one to hide my Light. I always wear Jesus on my sleeve for everyone to see. I do it proudly and honestly. So...I've decided not to "bury" my Light just because it embarasses the kids every now and then. The way I see it...my Sunday morning sermons are what gets me through my week. It's my food and energy to start off my week with THEM! I'm going to enjoy them to the fullest and get out of it...what God intends me to. My "Amen"s and "Hallelujah"s truly come from my heart and what God is teaching me at that very moment. It's a response to a revelation! I'm not going to stop...nope...not gonna do it! Sorry kids...it could be worse. And for all you fellow shouters out there...Hallelu-yer!! See you in church on Sunday! Let your light shine...no matter how bright or loud it is! Matthew 5:16 In the same way, let your light shine before men, that they may see your good deeds and praise your Father in heaven. John 8:12 I am the light of the world. He who follows Me shall not walk in darkness, but have the light of life.

Ecclesiastes 2:12 I saw that wisdom is better than folly, just as light is better than darkness.

Psalm 18:46 The Lord lives! Praise be to my Rock! Exalted by God my Savior!

Phillippians 1:27 Whatever happens, conduct yourselves in a manner worthy of the gospel of Christ.

1 comment:

Related Posts with Thumbnails

Proverbs 17:22 "A joyful heart is good medicine"


THANKS FOR STOPPING BY!

Hope your visit was a pleasant one. Be blessed and come back soon!