Tuesday, October 19, 2010

In a glance...

A few days ago, Amber had a friend over to work on a project. They had just gotten started in the dining room, and were talking about their school day. I was around the corner in the laundry room putting some clothes washing (the story of my life). As I overheard them talking, I walked around the corner to ask a question about what they were talking about. She was sitting at the table, with her head down, talking while she cut on a piece of paper. As she looked up...her face looked totally different. There sitting before me, was a young woman. Her hair was slightly draped in her face, her skin perfectly milky, her eyes gleaming, she sat with poise as she looked up to respond to me. I blinked my eyes as if to take a second look, not believing what I was seeing. (Or in denial) And there she was again...my teenager. In a glance...I had seen the woman in her. I must admit, I wasn't prepared for that. At moments like this, my heart aches for what is to come...her life is changing and going in a different direction. She is becoming the woman that God has prepared her to be. Her life awaits her...and my heart is heavy. Oh, how I wish, I could turn back the clock. At moments like this...I miss those days of sleepless nights when she was a baby. Three a.m. feedings, my shirt smelling like spit-up, engorged breasts, and poopy diapers. I miss it all. I miss her lying gently in my arms as I gaze into her beautiful blue eyes. I miss my baby girl... I wasn't prepared for this... In a glance...my sweet little girl is changing into a beautiful young woman.

*change-the process of altering, a transformation, to make or become different

Change...it happens in a glance. It can renew our minds, our spirits and our lives. God changes us to bring out something new, something better, something stronger! He transforms us into something different with His love, and with His wisdom. Something for His use, and for His glory. Although my heart breaks at times, that my little girl is growing up...I am excited to see the changes that are yet to come. God has unique and special plans for her life. I am honored and blessed to be able to watch her life unfold...in a glance. Ecclesiastes 3:1 For everything there is a season, and a time for every purpose under heaven.

Daniel 2:21 He changes times and seasons; he sets up kings and deposes them. He gives wisdom to the wise and knowledge to the discerning.

Isaiah 43:18 Forget the former things; do not dwell on the past. See, I am doing a new thing! Now it springs up; do you perceive it? I am making a way in the desert and streams in the wasteland.

Psalm 127:3 Children are an heritage (reward) of the Lord.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails

Proverbs 17:22 "A joyful heart is good medicine"


THANKS FOR STOPPING BY!

Hope your visit was a pleasant one. Be blessed and come back soon!