Monday, October 4, 2010

Time with Dad.

Mason went on his first squirrel hunt with his dad this year. He hasn't always been interested in hunting, but this year he was more than ready. His dad bought him his first gun on Saturday (besides his bb gun that is) and that seemed to make all the difference in the world. They woke up very early, and were patient enough with me, to let me take this quick snapshot before they left for their hunt. They didn't have much success, no squirrels were brought home. I thought he might be a little disappointed, but he wasn't. As soon as he walked into the door, he began telling me about his hunt. Kids remember everything and their details are precise. I laughed as he told me what he did and what he saw. My husband's friend had some rabbit dogs, and they picked up on a scent and began to howl and bark. He loved that. They chased the dogs for a while, until the four wheeler died on them and they had to walk back. My husband said it was a pretty far walk for him. He never complained, not even once...he thought it was fun. I went in his room, to tuck him in after his very long day. (he was in bed voluntarily at 7:30...pooped from his big day) We said his prayers, and I asked him, "What was your favorite part about today?..even though you didn't kill any squirrels." He thought for a second and replied, "Spending time with Dad, just me and him...no girls. (giggle) I don't get to see him alot, because he works so much." My heart smiled as I hugged and kissed him goodnight. A simple answer...from a simple little guy. No disappointment in his voice from not having a successful hunt. Nope...nothing. Happy just to be with his dad. Too many times, we stay busy running around doing our jobs, our responsibilities, or whatever else we find to fill up our days...and we forget to spend time with the ones who need us the most. Or better yet...our Father in heaven. How many times do we neglect to spend time with Him? Does He have to chase us around like a rabbit dog on a scent, to try and get our attention? Do we ignore him, like He isn't there at all? I must admit there have been times, where I sit in His presence, waiting anxiously for something from Him. I lose my patience when I don't get what I think I should from the moment, so I get up and walk away...leaving my Father's presence. Little did I know, that I was hurting Him and myself...by walking away empty. You see...by filling God with just our presence sometimes, is when He is able to fill us up. Words aren't always needed...just His presence is all we need. Just time with our Father...one one one...with no one else around. Not expecting anything, no huge revelation or divine answer for an issue we are having...just time. I've realized that if I were to just sit...quiet...submissively...patiently...still...He will enter in and fill my spirit to overflowing with just Him. Time with Him. He doesn't need me to fill Him up, He is omniscient, but He needs me near Him...in order to fill me up. There is never any time wasted with God. It is time well spent...spending time, just me and my Dad. Time...we are so blessed to have so much of it. How are we spending it? Where are we spending it? Get right where you need to be with God...in His presence. He will be happy, just to spend time with you! John 3:30 He must become greater I must become less. James 4:8 Draw near to God and He will draw near to you. Psalm 16:11 In his presence is fullness of joy. Psalm 73:17 I did not understand until I entered the sanctuary of God. Click on link to listen: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vdq9Q8wJdjc

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails

Proverbs 17:22 "A joyful heart is good medicine"

THANKS FOR STOPPING BY!

Hope your visit was a pleasant one. Be blessed and come back soon!