Thursday, December 23, 2010

Be a nuzzler!

Miss Harley!

I thought that it was about time to give all of you a Harley update. She is the little kitten that "appeared" on our doorstep a couple of months ago. We took her in, fed her, cleaned her up and she has been with us ever since. It took a little while for the household...ehemm...meaning the other pets...to warm up to little Harley. What seemed like weeks...was only a few days, and she was part of the crew. Harley has done wonders for our little family. Ever since the first night that we brought her in, she has been very lovable. She loves to sleep right up against your neck. I, of course being allergic to every naturally made thing on the planet, was horrifed with her trying to get around my neck. Death by cat strangulation is not my forte'. So...I've always let her get on my lap, but not around my neck. There is just one small problem. Miss Harley...is a natural born nuzzler!! nuzzle--to burrow or root with the nose, to lie very close to someone or something, cuddle or snuggle up. Here is my dilemna...our other cat...the 21 pound king of the house...AKA Sambeaux, Sam, or Mr. Fat Stuff...makes me feel very claustrophobic. He hasn't been much of a nuzzler in his six years of life. About once a month...or less...when he feels that you are worthy enough to be in his presence, he may slowly creep up on you, and just sit on your lap, or your chest, or even your face...and stare at you until you give him attention. I've woken up with him on my chest, and nearly had an asthma attack!! When he comes near me, I can feel my throat begin to swell up and close tightly, cutting off my air supply! My nose begins to itch and I feel like I can't breathe. It's a very frightening experience...really! So...when Miss Harley decided that her favorite place to be was nuzzled up in our neck...I thought...Oh brother...here we go again...let me break out my asthma pump and call my allergy doctor to up my shots to once a day, instead of once a week!! Just the thought of her nuzzling in my neck made me feel like I was breaking out in hives! Go ahead and laugh, but it's happened before and it wasn't funny... or pretty. She has always been a very lovable cat. I thought it was because she was thankful because we saved her from dieing on the streets, but she genuinely loves us. She was a tiny pathetic thing when we found her. She became attached to us very quickly and has loved us from the moment my hands picked her up. She loves with all that she has inside of her. For all of you non-cat lovers...you would really love her! One day, I was sitting on the couch, and Harley popped up on my lap. She looked at me with her gorgeous little exotic eyes and slowly creeped up my chest. She pressed her tiny little cold nose against my chin, nudging it up very gently, and quietly snuck herself up against my shoulder...nuzzling perfectly in the fold of my neck. She was warm and her fur was soft and silky. I was so caught up in the trance of her gentleness, that I didn't even realize that I wasn't having trouble breathing, having a panic attack or breaking out in little red itchy bumps. Then...she began to purr and it vibrated the sides of my neck and began to relax me. It was nice. I don't know who liked it more, me or her. She fell fast asleep nuzzled close to me, and I caught myself dozing off feeling the warm vibration of her fury little body curled perfectly around my neck. I was so afraid of having some sort of wierd painful reaction, that I had been missing out on some very sweet moments with Harley. I was comparing her to Sam...and they are nothing alike. It wasn't bad afterall....and she has been nuzzled in my neck ever since. I think she is actually helping me get over my allergy to cats. It's a miracle!! She is a sweet little lovable ball of fur and I adore her!! How many times have we judged one relationship according to another? We get hurt by someone...so we push the next person away like some disease...determined not to get hurt again. How many times do we allow a frightening experience with someone else...haunt us to the point of not finding a new loving relationship with another person? How many times do we push someone good and beneficial to us away, judging them before getting to know who they really are? How many times do we push God away, believing that He will hurt us just like people do? How many of us judge God according to how man treats us? The truth is...we may never know who is out to hurt us or love us for that matter. But, if we turn everyone away...we will be left alone and miserable, probably missing out on something spectacular in someone else. Pushing God away is never the solution. He is the One who actually knows above anyone else how it is to be pushed away and feared. But, He still longs for us to nuzzle up next to Him, so He may comfort us, healing all the pain in our past and causing us to find a new love in Him. Through close relationship with Him, we will find the healing we need to trust people in our lives that are there to only give us love and comfort. And believe me, the enemy would rather us not find comfort in God or one another. He would much rather us be alone, where he can whisper lies of frightening scenarios that will most likely never even happen. He is nothing but a tiny little weezle of a deceiver, who hates the idea of relationships and has NO authority over our lives. Jesus Christ came to give us peace, comfort and healing in ALL things. Expecially in our relationships...and especially our relationship with HIM! Don't allow those previous pains of relationships to stop you from finding the blessings in a new one. A new friendship can bring healing that you never imagined ever finding. Don't allow what man has done to you....stop you from knowing the ONE who can cure all things in you. Nuzzle up to God and allow His love to seep over you, melting away all the hurt and pain. Get close, snuggle up and cuddle with the Creator of the universe...loving Him with all that is inside of you. Root yourself in Him, burrowing deep into His presence...and find healing like never before. Be a nuzzler! Jeremiah 29:11 For I know the plans I have for you, declares the Lord, plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future. James 4:8 Draw near to God and He will draw near to you. Psalm 16:11 In His presence is fullness of joy.

Psalm 73:28 But as for me, it is good to be near God. I have made the Sovereign Lord my refuge, I will tell of all your deeds. Malachi 4:2 But for you who revere my name, the sun of righteousness will rise with healing in it's rays. And you will go out and frolic like well-fed calves.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails

Proverbs 17:22 "A joyful heart is good medicine"


THANKS FOR STOPPING BY!

Hope your visit was a pleasant one. Be blessed and come back soon!