Wednesday, December 8, 2010

Simply Jesus.

I normally don't use my blog to rant on about things that really perturb me, but today..I will make an exception... I heard something on the news, and it really got my feathers ruffled...that is, ya know...if I had feathers. Which I don't. (ehhemm) Any who...they said, the news that is...sounding shocked (HA!), that the old fashioned Christmas movies just aren't cutting it like they used to. ( Oh really? Said very very sarcastically!) They went on to say, that Hollywood just can't make Christmas movies that seem to stand out anymore, that the stories of Scrooge, The Night Before Christmas and The Grinch just aren't bringing in the "cash" like they used to. They have all been played out. (That's a shocker. LOL) Awwwe...bummer. NOT! My response....DUH!! Don't get me wrong, I love those movies and look forward to watching them with my family each year, (especially The Grinch with Jim Carrey which I can recite word-for-word) but come on now...maybe America is silently screaming out for something else... Like maybe....I don't know....JESUS! Maybe Hollywood needs to be reminded where CHRISTmas came from. It didn't come from the big chunky man in the red suit, the man who was stingey with his money, or even the wierd green hoarder we know to be the grinch. Nope...none of these. Christmas is simply Jesus. Maybe they need to realize that the true story of CHRISTmas never gets played out, never gets old, and will always be full of life! The story...true birth, life, resurrection and redemption of Jesus, has brought life for the past 2,000 years and is the only story that will survive through eternity. So...I'm thinking those Hollywood producers (or as Elf would call them...those "Cotton Headed Ninny Muggins") need to change their Christmas script a tad bit, and focus on what really matters...the birth and life of The King!! Who knows...maybe their "cash" flow will get a little better. Maybe...more people will come to know the greatness of one single life...our Savior Jesus!
Luke 2:8-14
And there were shepherds living out in the fields nearby, keeping watch over their flocks at night. An angel of the Lord appeared to them, and the glory of the Lord shone around them, and they were terrified. But the angel said to them, "Do not be afraid. I bring you good news of great joy that will be for ALL people. Today in the town of David a Savior has been born to you, he is Christ the Lord. This will be a sign to you. You will find a baby wrapped in cloths and lying in a manger." Suddenly a great company of the heavenly host appeared with the angel, praising God and saying,
"Glory to God in the highest, and on earth peace to men on whom his favor rests."

Click on link to watch: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ToFcucORsuA

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails

Proverbs 17:22 "A joyful heart is good medicine"


THANKS FOR STOPPING BY!

Hope your visit was a pleasant one. Be blessed and come back soon!