Monday, February 14, 2011

A glimpse of heaven.

HAPPY VALENTINE'S DAY! I've always loved Valentine's Day. It combines two of my favorite things...Amore' and Chocolate'! The thing that I do not like about this day, is all the hype about gifts and what-not. So much pressure... I've never been a person that needs gifts. And I'm not a huge gift giver. I do things. That's what I do...things. I'd rather paint my besties toenails or fold her clothes, rather than give an extravagant gift that she may or may not like. I'm a doer. I'd rather make a homemade card and write a poem, rather than let "Hallmark" say it. Remember my love language...words of affirmation. Well, mix that in with acts of kindness...and you've won me over big time. That's what LOVE is to me. It gives me that warm fuzzy feeling. That is really all I desire on a day like today. My husband isn't a big gift giver. Never has been. He's more of a simple romantic. I guess that makes us a perfect fit. I remember our first holiday together. It was Easter. He gave me an egg that was hollow and had chocolate in the middle of it. The outside was an actual white eggshell. He told me that the outside shell represented the pure, delicate..yet strong love of Jesus that held us together. The inside part, the chocolate, represented the sweetness that my love brought to his life. And in the center of the chocolate part, was a white creamy filling. He said that represented the love for eachother that filled our hearts. Yeh...it might sound a little cheezy to you, but he won me over big time. And ya know...I don't remember cracking the egg open, or even how the chocolate or creamy middle tasted. But, I do remember those words and how it made me feel. That's the love that I want to know on a day like today. An everlasting love. He poured on the romance yesterday. He washed and detailed my SUV. Then he came inside, gave me a sweet kiss on the cheek, and whispered Happy Early Valentine's Day Babe. Romantic huh? (blush) My heart smiled a BIG smile. He also called this morning before the kids went to school, spoke with each one of us, told us he loved us and Happy Valentine's Day. He's a sweetie like that. My heart smiled again...an even BIGGER smile. Valentine's Day...a day of love. "To Love is to see a glimpse of Heaven." I saw a glimpse of Heaven today... Don't miss the glimpses all around you today. If you look close enough, you will see them everywhere. Happy Valentine's Day! Thank you Jesus for giving me glimpses of Heaven every day, in the eyes of my husband and my three amazing children. I Corinthians 13:4 Love is patient, love is kind. It does not envy, it does not boast, it is not proud. Jeremiah 31:3 "Yea, I have loved thee with an everlasting love, therefore with loving kindness have I drawn thee." I John 4:8 Whoever does not love does not know God, because God is LOVE.

2 comments:

  1. okay. I'm crying. The whole "besties toenails" thing got me. I <3 you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You had me at "folding clothes." I love this post, honestly, you and your family exude what Christ's love is all about!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts with Thumbnails

Proverbs 17:22 "A joyful heart is good medicine"


THANKS FOR STOPPING BY!

Hope your visit was a pleasant one. Be blessed and come back soon!