Friday, March 4, 2011

Even superheros fall sometime.

I've been a superhero for a while now.
Yes...it's true.
I'm a mom.
I'm a cross between Wonder Woman and The Oz.
If you are a mom, you totally understand.
You have to save "their" world, fight crime (monsters in the closet), do the laundry, and know ALL the answers to every question known to man...because believe me...they will ask you EVERYTHING!
Yep...Wonder Woman and the Oz...I'm Wonder Woz!!
It's a tough job, but someone has to do it.
I take my position as superhero very seriously.
Take for instance, last night...
I was innocently minding my own beez-wax, sitting on the couch, watching a very intellectually challenging episode of American Idol, (I take that serious too) when all of a sudden, I heard blood curdling screams coming from the back of the house. I knew my oldest was in the back of the house, because she had just asked to use my bathroom. (She would kill me if she knew I just wrote that, cuz apparently 18 year olds don't ever use the bathroom.) Any who...this is the same child that just had her appendix removed less than a week and a half ago. So of course...hearing her scream..."Oh my God, Mom!!! Moooo-ooohhhmmm! Oh my God!" put me in an instant panic mode and also...
a SUPERHERO mode!!
In a split second, I knew that I had to get to her as fast as I could. I just knew that when I got to her there was going to be blood (or something) all around her. I mean come on...she just had surgery and she was screaming for her life. It could only be something bad. Right? Why else would she be screaming hysterically almost giving me a heart attack!
The path that I would normally take to my bathroom was blocked by my other daughter, who was folding a batch of laundry. (I love that kid!) So, I had to find another route to get to her. The simple way would have been to go around the other side of the couch and run to her aide on a nice clear path, but that would be too easy.
Way. Too. Easy.
Duh...I'm a super-hero remember?
I can leap small children in a single bound!
I can rescue a kitten from the harsh streets!
I can whip up a meal in less than 3o minutes!
I can drive, breastfeed, talk on the phone, and slap my child in the back seat, all at the same time.
Come on...I can do it all. (Or at least they think I can)
I did the only thing that any other superhero would have done, if they were in my shoes...
I decided to leap over the loveseat in my living room.
I'm a superhero...this should be a sinch.
Wrong!
I proceeded to jump on the loveseat cushions and jump over the back of the loveseat. (Ya know...to get the trampoline effect) Except, there was a small throw blanket laying on the back of the couch, that somehow wrapped itself around my foot, and I went tumbling on to the HARDwood floor in the back of the loveseat. (emphasis on HARDWOOD!) I think I may have broke my butt bone. Ouch!!! But...that didn't stop me. Oh no...I scurried up as fast as I could, and ran to the back of the house to my bathroom, to assess the disaster and save the day.
I said, "What's wrong! What's wrong Baby, what happened? Are you alright?!"
"Oh my God Mom, there is a huuuge cockroach in the bathroom behind the toilet!" she responded.
Uhh...what! Excuse me!!
Can you guess what happened next?
I freaked!
"You mean to tell me I almost broke my leg to save you from a cockroach!!!!" I said with great emotion...okay...I yelled it.
"It's the biggest I've ever seen Mom and it was looking right at me!!" she said almost crying.
I did the only thing I knew to do at that moment...
I killed the cockroach.
Yep...just another day in the exciting life of a superhero.
You know...as a mom we don't always have to be perfect. Sometimes our all is just not enough to fill all of their needs, all at the same time. I am so glad, that on those days that my all may fall a little short, His never does. His all is always enough, even for us superhero moms.
I am so thankful, that during those moments in my life, that I am "falling", I have a Superhero of my own...who runs in, swoops me up, rescues me from the things of this world, and flies me to His place of love and grace.
Yep...I'm glad my Superhero never falls!
His all is always enough to save the day!!
Psalm 142:3 When my spirit grows faint within me, it is YOU who knows my way.
I Corinthians 3:10 --but when The Perfection comes, the imperfect disappears.

1 comment:

  1. Oh, Wonder Woz, how do I love thee! I am rolling on the floor laughing out loud! This is so funny. Especially since last night I read her FB post about how bugs are trying to steal her soul or something or other. Too funny! Glad you're okay. Thanks for the laugh.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts with Thumbnails

Proverbs 17:22 "A joyful heart is good medicine"


THANKS FOR STOPPING BY!

Hope your visit was a pleasant one. Be blessed and come back soon!