Tuesday, March 1, 2011

Say what?!

I have this friend who I love, cherish and adore.
So much so, that I have agreed to partake in a "low-carb diet" with her.
Normally...I would say no to something like this.
Not no, but heck to the no.
I do not like diets.
Anything with the word "die" in it...doesn't necessarily have me running to sign up for it.
We were having a very nice innocent conversation this morning, discussing "her" new diet plan when the words...I...will...do...it...with...you...came streaming out of my mouth. It was said before I even thought about it.
When I rethink it...I hear it coming out in slow motion.
Yikes!
What have I done?!
When I usually feel the need to slack off of eating or give something up that I think is causing me more harm than good...I just fast from it.
I figure...if I am going to give up something that I really really love...like bread, pasta, bread or ummm...let say bread, then I devote myself to fasting it, because I know that if I do it unto the Lord it will have more meaning. And the added fact, that I will most likely need a lot of prayer and strength while doing it.
Prayer I can do.
Diet...not so much.
So I agreed to not diet, persay...but to fast on carbs...at least for the most part.
I mean, I can't very well back out now. She is my closest friend, and like the Bible says in Ecclesiastes 4:9 ..."two are better than one, they have a good return for their work. If one falls down the other can pick him up."
Yeh.
Ehhemmm...
Cough, cough.
I already fell.
You see...what happened was...
there is this cereal that is so fantabulous.
It's called Raisin Bran Extra.
It's. Delicious.
Bran flakes. Nuts. Raisins. Yogurt bites. Cranberries.
Yummy, yum, yummy!
It's downright heavenly.
I ate a nice hearty bowl of it for breakfast.
I think I might have even licked the bowl clean.
Sounds pretty harmless right?
Wrong.
38 grams of carbohydrates per serving!
38.
I think I remember her saying something about only 30 grams of carbs per day.
Say what?!
Is that even doable?
How will I survive?
Does she remember where we live?
Hellooooooo!
The heart of Cajun country!
Where eating is a hobby!
Where gumbo is considered breakfast!
Where sausage cheese bread is considered a meal by itself!
Where we give our small babies rice and gravy with a side order of breast milk!
Oi vay!
Well...what's done is done.
I've fallen.
Bad.
Real bad.
And it's only 1:00 in the afternoon.
I'm definitely going to need some help.
I did eat a healthy lunch of green beans, a small piece of baked chicken (white meat) and a little snack sized cheese.
Not too bad.
Considering...
We are having Sloppy Joes and french fries for supper.
Ugghh!
This is going to be harder than I thought.
I'm going now...
to cry and...
to pray.
Pray hard!
Read my low-carb crazed friend's blog here:
Looks like she might need some prayer too!
Good thing we are in this together...cuz one of us might not make it through this alive!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails

Proverbs 17:22 "A joyful heart is good medicine"


THANKS FOR STOPPING BY!

Hope your visit was a pleasant one. Be blessed and come back soon!