Saturday, May 28, 2011

Stronger

Colossians 1:17

He is before all things and in Him all things hold together.

I've been dreading writing this blog for a couple of days.
I've put it off several times.
Sigh...
I won't be able to blog for a while, due to the fact that our internet feed will be disconnected, because we are transitioning with our move and changing services.
I don't have a specific date for disconnect, but it could be any day now.
I'm not sure how long it will be until we are up and running again.
I know...tragic news.
Go ahead, take some time to catch your breath.
We are also going to be temporarily losing our satellite feed for our television.
The children are devastated.
Simply devastated.
When I told them that we would be losing the cable and internet temporarily, due to our move, my oldest said, "Oh my gosh, we're poor!"
They all shrieked in horror of the life changing event before them.
My innocent sheltered children.
They have no idea.
The "poor" little darlings.
With their Ipods, cell phones, Nintendo DS, 30 Wii games, and 200 DVD movies...
whatever will they do?
HA!
They would have never made it living in my childhood days.
We had an Atari.
Remember those?
Pac Man.
Asteroids.
Frogger.
Those were the good ole' days.
That's it.
That's all we had.
Oh...and eachother.

(And on most days, we didn't appreciate the value in that. We do now.)

Which could explain why I was so bored one day that I stuck a roley-poley up my nose.
I liked to live on the edge.
(smiley face)
Needless to say, I am a little distraught myself about our temporary loss of technology.
I didn't realize how much I depended on the internet. Now that I'm about to be without it for a while, I feel a little achiness in my heart.
I will miss blogging.
I will miss reading blogs.
I will miss all of you.
Even though you don't leave comments,
(which I really, really would love it if you did!)...
I know you're there.
Reading and sharing the journey of my life with me.
The good, the bad, the ugly, the struggles, the triumphs, the blessings, the growing, the crying and the laughter.
I know you're there.
That I like!
My plan was to blog every day until I lost my juice to the internet.
That was my plan.
Yeah...
that didn't happen.
Because, life happened instead.
But, without life...what would I write about?
I've thought to myself a few times, "What will I do with no internet?"

What will I do with all that free time?

Which is alot of time.

Huh...maybe a break is the best thing right now.

Maybe I'll work on the two books that I began several months ago, and hadn't had time to finish.
Maybe I'll catch up on some reading.
Maybe I'll pray more.
Maybe I'll connect with my close friends more.
I do miss them.
Maybe I'll spend more time with my family...ya know, those people who live under my roof.
Yep...them.
They could all use a little more of me...and me of them.
Maybe I'll begin writing in my journal again.
Maybe I'll rest in Him a little more.
Maybe I'll soak up the Word more.
Maybe I'll sit in His presence a while longer each day.
or

Maybe I'll do nothing at times.

Haven't done that in a while.

The possibilities are endless.
Whatever I do, where ever He takes me, I know that it will make me stronger.
Exodus 15:2
The Lord is my strength and my song, He has become my salvation. He is my God, and I will praise Him, my father's God and I will exalt him.
I will do my best to get myself to a computer and blog when I can, but I can't make any promises.
We will be busy with our move and trying to squeeze in a little summer time celebration, somewhere in the midst of everything.
My kids would appreciate that.
I look forward to being back here as soon as life permits.
Sharing great stories, life lessons, and humor the only way I know how...
through God's endless love & grace!
I was going to say goodbye with one of my favorite songs from the movie, The Sound of Music.
So Long Farewell sung by the VonTrapp children.
I mean, come on...
who doesn't love a little Sound of Music medley!
But, I chose the song below instead.
It has been my anthem these past few months while God has been rearranging my life to fit His purpose for me.
I love it!
The best part is...
He's not finished with me yet!

He has whispered great things into my future, and I am excited to say the least!

May God bless you til' your cup is overflowing!
Love you all!
Thanks for taking some time to Find the SONlight!
Until we meet again...

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails

Proverbs 17:22 "A joyful heart is good medicine"


THANKS FOR STOPPING BY!

Hope your visit was a pleasant one. Be blessed and come back soon!