Sunday, May 22, 2011

Where does it go?

I'd like to take some time, to talk about time.
That's time.
T-I-M-E.
Time.
Not to be mistaken for thyme...T-H-Y-M-E.
Thyme-a small plant of the mint family; the leaves of the plant, used for seasoning.
I've never used thyme, but I like the word itself.
Thyme.
I'm a lover of words, and thyme is one that I just like to look at.
Thyme.
It's purdy aint it?
If your a lover of words like me, you are admiring the word as we speak...
if you aren't, you probably think I'm a freak...but that's alright too.
I'm okay with that.
Okay, where was I? Oh yeh...time.
How fast it goes by.
We're talkin' fast.
Faster than lightning fast!
Fast, fast, fast.
Whew...there it went again!
It just passed me by while I was typing.
I think I just realized this morning how fast time moves.
How fast it goes by.
Without any warning.
My daughter and I were discussing her upcoming retreat, and how she needed to pay for it and get her consent form signed. And before I could say, "Oh, okay I'll get a pen." She says with a huge grin, "Oh, and I don't need you to sign it. I'm eighteen now. I can sign it for myself."
What?!!
Heavens to Betsy!!
Where did the past eighteen years go?
When did she grow up?!
I could have sworn that she was climbing her tiny-little-self on my lap, to watch Barney, while holding her ever so loved Barney doll ...just yesterday.
Yesterday.
Oh, how she has seasoned our life with such goodness!
Time.
It's fast, fast, fast.
Where does it go?
Make the most of it!
Don't let it pass you by...
cuz it will.
Ecclesiastes 3:1-8
1There is a time for everything, and a season for every activity under heaven: 2a time to be born and a time to die, a time to plant and a time to uproot, 3a time to kill and a time to heal, a time to tear down and a time to build, 4a time to weep and a time to laugh, a time to mourn and a time to dance, 5a time to scatter stones and a time to gather them, a time to embrace and a time to refrain, 6a time to search and a time to give up, a time to keep and a time to throw away, 7a time to tear and a time to mend, a time to be silent and a time to speak, 8a time to love and a time to hate, a time for war and a time for peace.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails

Proverbs 17:22 "A joyful heart is good medicine"


THANKS FOR STOPPING BY!

Hope your visit was a pleasant one. Be blessed and come back soon!