Monday, August 15, 2011

A grace filled black pot.

My Katy is growing up so very fast.
In every way.

She is beginning to make some new choices for herself.
Some good. Some not so good.
She made a choice the other day to do something that I was not happy about.
In my frustration I said to her,
"What are you doing? You aren't ready for that. I know that you don't understand with your fourteen year old mind, but you are going to have to trust me and the wisdom that I have. I said NO for a reason and you don't need to know why, you just need to obey me. I am only trying to protect you from something that you aren't prepared to handle yet. Every decision that I make, I think of your protection first! Please, just trust me! I know what I am doing. If and when the time and season is right, you will be able to have what you want. I love you. Just trust me."
She walked away crying.
My heart was heavy and torn into little slivers.
A while later, I got into my car to run an errand in town
I began to think over our talk, and what I could have said differently, or better, or should not have said at all.
Then God showed me something...
myself.
I began to remember the last few weeks, and each time I had doubted God's decisions, over my own.
I heard the echoes of His voice within my heart as He said to me...
"What are you doing? You aren't ready for that. I know you don't understand with your human mind, but you are going to have to trust My wisdom. I said NO for a reason, brought you to this place for a reason, and all I want you to do is obey Me. I am only trying to protect you from something that you aren't prepared to handle yet. Every decision that I make is for your protection and for My Glory to be revealed in you. Trust Me. I know what I am doing. If and when the time and season is right, you will have what you want. I love you. Trust me."
I began to cry as He pieced back the slivers of my doubtful heart.
Wow.
When it comes to "the pot calling the kettle black",
I am the blackest of black pots!
When I fall short,
I am thankful for being a grace filled black pot.
Phillippians 1:11
May you abound in and be filled with the fruit of righteousness (of right standing with God and right doing) which comes through Jesus Christ (the Annointed one), to the honor and praise of God (that His glory may be both manifested and recognized).

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails

Proverbs 17:22 "A joyful heart is good medicine"


THANKS FOR STOPPING BY!

Hope your visit was a pleasant one. Be blessed and come back soon!