Tuesday, September 13, 2011

Drowning.




We moved our oldest into her apartment for Master's Commission this past Friday evening.

That morning I awoke with a heavy heart.

I cried too many times to count.

My heart birthed emotions that I had never felt before...

bringing me to a new place within my soul.

An unfamiliar place.

My heart was drowning within it's new surroundings.

With a burdened heart I cried out to God...

show me Your strength, I need You to get me through this day.

That evening as we moved her in, an elation filled my heart for her.

What great things God has planned for her!

Drown her in Your love Lord...

I prayed as we unpacked her things.

On the way home that night, I broke open like the Hoover Dam...

crying, whaling, and snotting all over myself.

Drowning in my tears...

once again.

It twas not purty!

The next morning, we attended a family brunch and orientation for the new students.

A joy filled my heart as I watched her mingling with her new family.

Three years ago, we began to attend our now, home church.

We entered in as a broken family,

torn apart by separation.

Not to mention, a house recently tattered by the destruction of an unwelcomed Hurricane Gustav.

We lived separately, and with different family members.

My husband began attending Crossroads Church to reconcile his relationship with the Lord, and find peace amongst the rubble of our lives.

He rededicated his life to the Savior he once knew.

God began to slowly rebuild our lives,

in every way.

Our marriage was rebuilt.

Our home was rebuilt.

Our relationship and trust in Him was rebuilt.

He gave us a new place of worship together.

You may read our full story here: Right where we belong.

I have to admit, I entered in with much hesitation...

how will we fit in? 

Our other church had about 100 people, on a good day.

It was small,

 familiar,

and comfortable.

how will we find the feel of family within a church so big?

with so many people?

We will surely drown...

or so I thought.

We trusted Him,

entered in,

asked Him to drown our family in His love,

and nestled ourselves in our new spots, within our new church.

We found our place...

we fit just right.

He knew we would.

He had a plan.

And here we are, three years later.

We've dropped our baby girl onto the door steps of our church family, for the next nine months.

To nurture her.

To protect her.

To teach her.

To drown her...

in the love of family.

Thanks to Him...our little family is drowning in that Love.


Thank you God for Your Love that pours in, consumes, overflows, and drowns!

I Timothy 1:5
Whereas the object and purpose of our instruction and charge is love, which springs from a pure heart and a good  conscience and sincere faith.

 

Romans 12:10
Love one another with brotherly affection [as members of one family], giving precedence and showing honor to one another.




















No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails

Proverbs 17:22 "A joyful heart is good medicine"


THANKS FOR STOPPING BY!

Hope your visit was a pleasant one. Be blessed and come back soon!