Monday, September 3, 2012

The turning 40 post and how I feel about some other stuff.

 
 
Well folks,
I'm officially forty.
 
My birthday was this past Saturday.
 
Woop, woop!
 
I enjoyed a very relaxing birthday huddled in a corner in the fetal position,
 trying to figure out where the past 40 years have gone.
 
HA!
 
Not really. I kid, I kid.

I had a very nice day spent with family,  the best way to spend a birthday.
I got a pedicure with my sister, my step mom and my daughter.
I spent the rest of the day relaxing at home watching movies and the rest of the weekend surrounded by my four favorite people.

They make me smile until my face hurts.

It was nice.


However...
I did wake up on my birthday morning with a pimple on the right side of my chin.
I haven't had a pimple in over ten years, since I was pregnant with my son.

Over ten years!

If this is a sign of what's to come...I'm a little scared.

I'm not feeling too positive yet again this morning,
since that one pimple now has a buddy who resides on the other side of my chin.

Hmmm? That's just weird.
 
I must admit, I am having a little difficulty saying the number.
 
Forty seems to take much more effort to say than thirty-nine even though it's a smaller word.
 
It doesn't roll off the tongue like I thought it would.
 
I'm still getting used to it.
 
I'll let you know in a few weeks if it's gotten any better.

I do have something I feel okay about...
I have decided that since I am now the oldest out of most of my friends, the rest being 39 or younger...whatever,
that they now have to listen to whatever I say.
 
I mean come on, I'm 40.
I'm OFFICIALLY the older and wiser one.

Emphasis on wiser.
 
Right?
 
I'll let you know how my friends deal with my self proclaimed group decision in a few weeks.
 
 
 
Alrighty now...
 
on to something much more important and serious.
 
Let's talk about this little guy...
 
 
 
 
We've all seen him before.
 
The infamous empty cardboard roll.
 
I walked into my kid's bathroom earlier this morning to pick up any dirty laundry lying around (that's an entirely different post for another day)
and found this little guy sitting there.
 
All alone.
Begging to get some attention.
 
 
I looked slightly to my left and saw this hearty guy sitting there...
 
 
Not even half of a foot away was the full roll.
 
THE. FULL. ROLL!
 
 
Now here's my dilemna...
 
do they think that there is some sort of electric shock that comes piercing out of the roll if they TAKE OFF THE OLD EMPTY ROLL AND PUT ON THE NEW FULL ROLL. 
 
Do they?!!!
 
Seriously.
Am I raising human children or monkey people here?
 
Lord help me!
 
This isn't the first time this has happened...
my frustration comes from years of toilet roll neglect.
 
Sometimes I find the little plastic toilet paper holder on the shelf behind the toilet, the empty roll next to the sink (which is right next to the TRASHCAN!) and a half used roll on the floor.
 
I mean really...
what goes on in there?!
 
I've even taken all of the toilet paper out of their bathroom as punishment,
in an attempt to leave them stranded "with their pants down" (pun intended) teaching them a hard earned lesson in responsibility,
but that just leads to crazy frantic screams of "Mom! I need some toilet paper!" from down the hallway while I am attempting to quietly watch an episode of Master Chef or reruns of Good Luck Charlie on Netflix.
 
That irritates me even more, as it then becomes my punishment.
 
Can I just get a little peace here?
Just. a. little.
 
Just a smidge!
 
My husband says they get it from me, except the blisters on my fingers from changing our toilet roll too, tells me otherwise.
 
This all has made me come to a very painful decision.
 
I have decided from here on out...
 
to leave a pile of leaves in my children's bathroom.
 
No toilet paper. Just nice crispy leaves.

A celebration of the Fall season to come.
 
They've left me no choice.
 
 Really...they haven't.
 
Again...I'll let you know in a few weeks how it turns out.
 
 
I hope your having a great Labor Day.
 
May your Labor Day be free of laboring!!
 
 
 
 
Ephesians 4:28
Let him who steals steal no longer; but rather let him labor, performing with his own hands what is good, in order that he may have [something] to share with him who has need.
 
 
Ecclesiastes 2:24-25
There is nothing better for a person than that he should eat and drink and find enjoyment in his toil. This also, I saw, is from the hand of God, for apart from him who can eat or who can have enjoyment?




No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails

Proverbs 17:22 "A joyful heart is good medicine"


THANKS FOR STOPPING BY!

Hope your visit was a pleasant one. Be blessed and come back soon!