Tuesday, September 4, 2012

Breath of Life

 
 
 
Isaiah 42:5
 
God's Message,
the God who created the cosmos, stretched out the skies,
laid out the earth and all that grows from it,
Who breathes life into earth's people,
makes them alive with his own life.
 
 
 
 
 
 
I borrowed this from a fellow blogger today.
 
It spoke directly to my heart...
 
In my need to be busy and get things done,
 I sometimes find myself out of breath from trying to just keep up.
 
How quickly I forget, that He is the Breath of Life.
In Him will I find my rest and my strength.
 
With His own life has He made me alive.
 
 
 
May the words of my friend Elora Ramirez at A Deeper Story help you find rest in Him today.
 
 
Sitting in Silence
 
 
We don’t rest well.
We work and come home and eat and watch some television and retreat to our rooms to start everything all over again in a few hours. On weekends, we rest by shopping. We’re constantly doing and I’ve realized in falling trap to the push to be something, I’ve lost the whispers of His heart for me.
 
When I rest, and by rest I mean sitting in silence and listening to His heartbeat, my creativity soars. Words flow. I feel centered – complete. And the minute I try and reach for that control – the doing and fixing and thinking and worrying – my eyes droop, my shoulders tense, my words stutter.
Almost makes me think there’s something to this resting and abiding - like He wants to be our Breath of Life. Our Muse. Our Restoration.
 
Take time to find His heartbeat today. Find a quiet space away from the noise and let your soul rest in the silence. Hands open, eyes closed – let Him close enough to hear those whispers.
 
 
 
 
John 15:7
 
If you abide in Me, and My words abide in you,
you will ask what you desire, and it shall be done for you.
 
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails

Proverbs 17:22 "A joyful heart is good medicine"


THANKS FOR STOPPING BY!

Hope your visit was a pleasant one. Be blessed and come back soon!