Thursday, January 10, 2013

When the rain won't cease.

 
 
 
 

Isaiah 44:3
For I will pour water on the thirsty land, and streams on the dry ground;
I will pour out my Spirit on your offspring, and my blessing on your descendants.


I sit here on my couch, wrapped in a blanket.
listening to the rain fall on our roof.

As it hits the tin on the porch,
it creates its own melody.

I wonder, after three solid days,
will this rain ever end?

I look out of the diamond shaped window on my front door
to see what looks like ocean front property.

Our grass is covered in a blanket of water and new drops come and splash it with every passing second.

I wonder...
will this rain ever end?


For the course of a year,
we felt the rain fall on our lives.

It seemed as though the storms were never ending.

The rain just kept beating against us, time and time again.

My job became unbearable and God spoke into my heart to walk away from it,
to leave the burden, and the money.

My job, the money, they had slowly become my security.

But, He was all I really needed.
I had to simply trust Him.

Within a few weeks a spiral of storms began to hit us.

Tension filled our home and we began to use our words as weapons to jab one another with.
Our kids felt the blow of every hate filled word.
They each slowly pulled away, in their own way, putting space between our feud and their hearts.

Because of my recent job loss, we had to move out of our home that we had known and loved for over two years.

It was big and roomy, a perfect fit for our family of five.

We began to rebuild another home,
one much smaller than the one we were in.

One that held old memories of other storms.
Storms we wanted to forget.

But, we simply trusted Him.

We began to move out of our new home and rebuild our old one,
all the while our oldest was graduating highschool and preparing to leave home for college.

Another storm I was not ready to face.

Then He whispered to me saying,
"You will not return to work and you will homeschool your children."

The rain poured down on me.

I prayed that I had somehow misunderstood Him.

"How could I do that? I'm not prepared for that", I tried to explain to Him.

The rain, it came again.

My husband left his job to pursue an old trade,
because we just weren't making ends meet.

Things began to slowly get better and we were adjusting to our new life.

The sun peaked its head out.
Its rays kissed my cheek.

But not for long...
because the rain came again.


My daughter left home for college and it took all I had 
to keep my head above the water pounding down on me.
The letting go was not so easy.
I felt as though I was losing everything.

But, I trusted Him.

The rain continued to pour down on us.

This time, coming in a storm that would forever change us.

My husband had a stroke...
at 38 years old.
His body was weak and in need of therapy.
This strong man who took care of our family, was broken physically.
It left us with no income for over 8 weeks.

This rain...
 came with howling wind and roaring thunder.

I thought the rain would never cease.

We prayed,
"We don't know how much more we can take Lord? But, we will trust You. We will trust you."

I just wanted the rain to stop.

But this storm...
it was different than the others.

The rain poured in with something new.
Its melody made a sound I had never heard before.

The wind blew in with strength and power,
yet its gentle hand touched our shoulder.

The Thunder spoke into our lives saying,
"I'm right here. This is a new day. I'm working things out for your good. All things will be made new."

My husband, he found his way to the Cross.
His body and soul began to heal.
We began to love eachother in a new and better way, bringing life back into our marriage.
Provision rained down on our family, coming from every direction.
Debt was paid off.
We were given new friendships that would strengthen and carry us.
Our family found healing and restoration.
We all stood together as one and praised Him.
Our security, was found in Him.
 Our home felt like home... for the first time in a very long time.

We felt God's grace kiss our face and shine ever so brightly on our lives.


Isaiah 43:19
See, I am doing a new thing! Now it springs up; do you not perceive it? I am making a way in the desert and streams in the wasteland.


With rain comes new growth.
With every drop comes the promise of new life.

We were living in the desert, trying to make it in our own wasteland.

But God, He wanted to bring us out of it.
His desire for us was so much greater than our own.

He had a plan to grow something new,
but it took some rain to grow it.

It took some storms to blow out the old,
 to make room for the newness He had for our family.

All of the storms were His greatness unfolding within our lives.
Bringing us to a place in Him and
making us realize how much we truly needed Him.

It gave us a greater Love for Him and one another.

He never brings a storm without fulfilling His promise.

Looking back now,
I can see that those months of rain,
those storms that seemed to never cease,
they were the best thing to hit our family.

Today we are stronger than ever before and it was all God's doing.
It was all Him.
It was His grace, so sufficient, rushing into our lives.

When it looks like the rain won't cease,
trust Him to bring something new from it.

Know that He is with you, and hasn't left you.
He stands in the rain with you.
What falls on you, falls on Him.
He will carry you through.

His grace is always more than enough.

He brings hope to a hopeless place.

Believe that He is working for your good,
and that He has a miracle waiting just for you.

His Grace will shine upon you and brighten up your life!


Job 9:10
We'll never comprehend all the great things He does;
His miracle-surprises can't be counted.


Deuteronomy 31:6
Be strong and courageous. Do not be afraid or terrified because of them, for the Lord your God goes with you; he will never leave you nor forsake you.



2 comments:

  1. Wow! Good stuff that speaks to the heart :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. So so good. So good in fact that any words I say would just cheap-in it. :)

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts with Thumbnails

Proverbs 17:22 "A joyful heart is good medicine"


THANKS FOR STOPPING BY!

Hope your visit was a pleasant one. Be blessed and come back soon!