Thursday, May 13, 2010

If I had one wish...

Proverbs 22:6, "Train a child in the way he should go, and when he is old he will not depart from it." I don't know about you, but I have never been walking around on the beach, and stumbled on a pretty little bottle...with a jeanie inside of it. Come on now, we all know that really don't exist. If only life were that simple, to get what we want. But...Oh, how a mother can dream. If I were to find that bottle, while walking quietly on a beach somewhere, (that in itself is a dream) here are my three wishes as a mother. Wish #1: Seven days straight with no talking back allowed! (that might require a surgery, sewing their mouths shut) Wish #2: One day out of the week without hearing, "Momma, I need...______" (you can fill in the blank) Wish #3: One night of supper out of the week without someone saying, "Aww, but I don't eat that." (Seriously?-you have eaten that your whole life!) Oh how wonderful would that be! All joking aside, I know that the "jeanie in the bottle" will never roll before my feet and those three wishes, are just figments of my imagination. But, I do have one big wish as a mother. It's not that my children be healthy, happy, or even that they have success in their life. Nope. You are probably pulling out the phone book at this point, ready to call child services on me, but before you do...I have a point. My one wish, as a mother, for my three beautiful children is.........that they will always have a personal relationship with God. That's it! The only wish I have for them. Why? Because with God all of the above is possible for them to achieve. First off, I have learned that happiness is only temporary. Having my first cup of coffee in the morning, makes me happy. But, as soon as my caffeine high is over, my happiness is over. It can't bring me true joy. Buying a new car, makes you happy, but as soon as that first note is due, the happiness sort of fizzles out. A new car can't bring you true joy. Happiness is a reaction to something you get on the outside of you. Joy is a true feeling that comes from within. Happiness is temporary, where joy is everlasting. God is the giver of joy! Sure, I want them to have moments of happiness, but if they truly know God, they will have everlasting joy. And of course, I want them to be healthy, but if they know God, they will know the power of God in their life. They will know that no matter what happens to their physical bodies, God can and will heal them of anything. They will know that our bodies are temples, that hold Jesus Christ within them. That alone, will bring them a healthybody, mind and heart. As for their success, if they put God first, and allow Him to guide their path, they will have nothing more than perfect God given success. If they have the love and fear of God, that comes with relationship with Him, they will seek Him to make better decisions. They will know conviction through His love. Will life be perfect for them all the time? Probably not. But with knowing God, they will have the tools to make it through anything this world throws at them. The fact of the matter is, temptation is everywhere in this world. If they don't find try joy in God, they may look for happiness in the wrong places. Temptation is a real need for something, filled in the wrong way. But, with the love and strength, that comes through knowing Jesus, they can and will resist those temptations, the world will throw at them. They will live an extraordinary life through God. They will have health, joy and success...just by knowing God. So today, if your child does not know God, do the most important thing a parent can do...introduce them to Him. God will fill their life with blessings, on top of blessings. Pray and intercede for them, that God would have His way with their life. Pray that their life be full of JOY! Pray for their spiritual HEALTH! Pray that God leads them to their SUCCESS in Him. Psalm 16:11, "In His presence is fullness of joy." Matthew 6:33, "But seek first his kingdom and his righteousness, and all these things will be given to you as well." James 8:12, "Then spoke Jesus again unto them, saying, I am the light of the world, he that followeth me shall not walk in darkness, but shall have the light of life."

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails

Proverbs 17:22 "A joyful heart is good medicine"


THANKS FOR STOPPING BY!

Hope your visit was a pleasant one. Be blessed and come back soon!